Proposed rule change to require photo and fingerprint for items in a trust

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Proposed rule change to require photo and fingerprint for items in a trust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Proposed rule change to require photo and fingerprint for items in a trust

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201210&RIN=1140-AA43

Seems they are trying to close the loophole wit trusts.

On the positive, it states that the CLEO signoff will be eliminated.

Who knows if this new rule will come to be

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I know they are still moving forward with it. There are other advantages to the trust besides that though. As far as the CLEO thing, well, it should have never been a requirement in the first place. I would imagine it will be similar to a multi-gun report we already have to do. Thats just a guess though.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #3

I have an appt to get my trust set up in a couple weeks. Looks like in the nick of time...

Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #4

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

OK did a NFA no CLEO required, had to subunit a ton of paperwork, and have everything notarized, and filed with the state....

Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266
I know they are still moving forward with it. There are other advantages to the trust besides that though. As far as the CLEO thing, well, it should have never been a requirement in the first place. I would imagine it will be similar to a multi-gun report we already have to do. Thats just a guess though.
None of this should be a requirement.