Pistol Carbine Conversion Kit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Pistol Carbine Conversion Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Pistol Carbine Conversion Kit

I found this carbine conversion at a local Gun shop, I didn't ask the dealer, but after reading some posts in this section I'm wondering if to acquire one of these and install it will make my Glock a SBR or something else that needs to be registered and pay a stamp.

CAA Tactical | RONI: The Pistol-Carbine | RONI-G1

Any thoughts thanks

Mandy

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I can foresee a MAJOR problem for anyone who tries to install this w/o getting an ATF stamp. Unless there's some "technicality" the company is using to get around the ATF regs I'm not aware of, this kit will turn your pistol into a SBR and you'd BETTER have the stamp before you try it. If someone knows the actual legality of owning and using this kit either with or w/o the stamp, please chime in.

Last edited by rachilders; 09-08-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #3

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

One good thing about Australia's gun laws is that if you get one of these (or similar) your pistol is still a pistol

See Morgo's post *here*

Old 09-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Found it on another shop and asked the owner about the legality of the device, his response was that since it doesn't modify the gun in any way, it can be used without any legal consequences.

He demonstrated that it's a carcass that goes over the pistol and closes with 2 pins into itself, and since it's not permanently attached to the gun there are no problems, it's like a cocoon for the pistol.

Still not sure about the explanation and would like to know for sure before spending $450.00 + tax on a gadget that I'm not sure if it can't be legally used without a special registration.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #5

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Though I am no lawyer, he is right there is no mod to your existing hanggun it simply slips into the frame as is. The ATF may look at it other wise in the future but as of right now it is legal. It does not effect the oregional weapon at all but rather gives you something bulker to hold onto.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

I can pretty much guarantee that is the US that is an SBR. In PR? I do not have a clue.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #7

For the USA, I expect BATF to rule on this. If you were adding a stock and a carbine barrel you would be OK for sure but I would think adding a stock or front pistol grip to a pistol will put it in the NFA category. Don't believe erverything you are told unless it is in writing form BATF.

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 09-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #8

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

If you have any doubts about it's legality contact the ATF yourself and get the skinny right from them. They are more then happy to help on issues like this

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
If you have any doubts about it's legality contact the ATF yourself and get the skinny right from them. They are more then happy to help on issues like this
+1

There are several countries represented within this post and they all have different laws and regulations. Those living in the U.S. need to ensure they follow the BATF regulations. Just because it's legal to own and/or install something in one place (laws even vary, like mag capacities for example, from state to state here) doesn't mean you can legally do the same thing elsewhere. I can legally own a butt stock that will fit one of my pistols if I decided to install it, but if I did install it - which makes it a SBR as per the ATF - w/o the approval of the BATF, I will get in MAJOR hot water if caught.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Puerto Rico falls under the jurisdiction of the BATF and that is why I asked it to my fellow Americans, local laws doesn't prohibit the use of this device, but I worry about the federal implications of the installation of this device, I can certainly own it and never install it and there would not be any problems, but why buy something and not use it.

I'll contact local ATF office and see what they say about it, I read somewhere that local offices may have a different opinion from the main office, what would be a final ruling, the local office or the main office? Also any approval must be in writing in order to be valid right?