The order of things
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > The order of things

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default The order of things

Three questions rolled into one, in an area where I have no expertise at all, and two probably belong in another section.

So I'm at the gunshow, and there's the cool Class 3 table. Normally, I just walk on by, but today.....

So question 1: They have Serbu Super Shortys for sale. I need to get the AOW $5 stamp. I assume I need to do this before I buy the shotgun, but do I need to have a specific one on hold? Is there a part of the form that will require specific serial numbers, etc.? And how long does approval take, roughly?

Question 2: There's a $50 difference between the one made off the Rem 870 recievers and the Mossberg ones. Is there enough of a difference to go with the Remington?

And finally: Anybody have experience with mini 12 ga shells? I didn't even know these existed till a few days ago. Seem like a natural for a mini shotgun, but that has to be over-simplistic, I'm sure.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9394 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

Go for the 870 parent. Parts. You need a Class III DEALER in your home state- he will handle paperwork, including the stamp (yes, it actually is a STAMP- like postage- and it goes on transfer papers) How long? 90-180 days, depending on how backlogged ATF is at the moment. Have seen those little shorties- kinda cute. Like the little blonde receptionist at the office. And like the blonde, while cute, have no idea what I would do with one- but for $5, cheapest Class III you are likely to have.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

So I don't have to monkey with the paperwork, the dealer handles it?

Relief. Just getting the forms for C&R was a bit of a pain, I figured this would be X10.