Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Which one do I buy?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default Which one do I buy?????

I have been looking into buying a suppressor for over a year now. I have read numerous articals, and what I could find on the www. My question is this, I want to put a quality suppressor on my AR, but which one do I buy? Some of the cans come from well makers and cost only $450 and yet some are up in the $1,600 range. If I am going to take the time to do the paperwork and wait the 6 months for it to come back, and spend this kind of money, I want something good! Which ones do you guys like, and why?
Thanks for any advice you can give me..
John

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I went with the AAC M4-2000. My local dealer had it in stock & I was able to do a try before you buy with their demos. It fits over the flash suppressor and can be attached in about 5 seconds. Mine uses the Phantom flash suppressor, it can also use the newer model Blackout if desired. It's a ratchet type quick attach system that also keeps the suppressor from coming unscrewed, this was a very important feature for me. It's FA rated. Makes my AR sound like a .22 rifle.

Advanced Armament Corporation - M4-2000

Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #3

For price, quality and nice QD system I would recommend looking at Yankee Hill Machine. Great products with a lifetime warranty.

They are my best sellers.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Tiger - That is one good looking SUR your have there. I hope you are on my side of the mountains when the Space Zombies come....

JD

Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 53

WOW,,,,I am HURT! My brother JD comments on my thread, but doesnt even say hi, or offer his advice????????

Just kidding JD, I hope all is well with you.

Tiger< I have been looking at AAC, and the YHM. I think I will go with either one of those co.

To every one else, please keep the comments comming, I want to hear from as many as I can, before I lay down the money and invest the time to do this.

Thanks all

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.