Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   oil filter silencer (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/oil-filter-silencer-84840/)

Devin556 02-22-2013 07:43 AM

oil filter silencer

So has anybody heard of these. I found it pretty interesting. As long as you register the adapter and pay the 200 dollar tax stamp through the ATF its legal and a heck of a lot cheaper than a real one. It just looks retarded. They have videos of them on YouTube. I haven't figured out how to post a link on my phone so if someone could I would appreciate it.

Axxe55 02-22-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin556 (Post 1148313)
So has anybody heard of these. I found it pretty interesting. As long as you register the adapter and pay the 200 dollar tax stamp through the ATF its legal and a heck of a lot cheaper than a real one. It just looks retarded. They have videos of them on YouTube. I haven't figured out how to post a link on my phone so if someone could I would appreciate it.

i have seen the Youtube videos of them. yes they look dorky but they seem to work quite well from what i saw. and just think, you can buy oil filters just about anywhere!

Devin556 02-22-2013 07:53 AM

I have a mechanic shop in Alabama so I guess I'm sitting on around 500 different sized silencers. Now all I got to do is get me one of them adapters and I can try it out. Even though I could just make my own adapter I think I'll pass on jail time and do it legal though. Wouldn't want to get the loud knock on the door.

Axxe55 02-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin556 (Post 1148322)
I have a mechanic shop in Alabama so I guess I'm sitting on around 500 different sized silencers. Now all I got to do is get me one of them adapters and I can try it out. Even though I could just make my own adapter I think I'll pass on jail time and do it legal though. Wouldn't want to get the loud knock on the door.

i hear ya! but they do seem pretty effective though. you could always paint them flat black and make them look more tactical!:eek:

Devin556 02-22-2013 08:05 AM

can't paint it black, then it would be dangerous.

Doc3402 02-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devin556 (Post 1148313)

So many things are going through my mind right now. Where would you find a holster? How can you conceal a Fram under summer clothes? How long would it be effective? Still, if you just have to have a suppressor it seems like a cheap way to go.

Devin556 02-22-2013 05:38 PM

Yeah I don't think this is any kind of specops certified gear, but just ****s and giggles. It's kinda neat.

purehavoc 02-22-2013 05:45 PM

Better check with you local and state ordnance first . Just because you can pay, register and wait 6 months for approval doesnt mean you can own it . Here in IL we cannot legally own a suppressor :( sad sad day

c3shooter 02-22-2013 05:49 PM

Afraid you are all missing the obvious point here.

Find a USED filter. One with oil still in it.

Running wet it should be much quieter. Point it straight up, and the lube needs for your firearm are met. So simple, really......:eek:

Please note: The above IS intended as a joke, and should NOT be attempted except by those that should not reproduce. :p

Doc3402 02-22-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1148756)
Afraid you are all missing the obvious point here.

Find a USED filter. One with oil still in it.

Running wet it should be much quieter. Point it straight up, and the lube needs for your firearm are met. So simple, really......:eek:

Please note: The above IS intended as a joke, and should NOT be attempted except by those that should not reproduce. :p

Great. Now we'll need an ATF form for motor oil purchases. :D