Nothing in stock anywhere!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Nothing in stock anywhere!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Please hang in there guys. My local Ma & Pa shop (Jim's Guns in Raleigh) is going through the same.... I was in there yesterday with a friend who was picking up a Beretta Nano he bought off Bud's. He only had 7 handguns for sale (all used and in good shape) and ONE Ruger 10/22 on the rack. I felt it was imporatnt to support them so while he was paying the FFL transfer fee I bought a can of Ballistol gun lube. I would have bought ammo too but... well, you know.... and the owner stated "We do appreciate it. Every little bit does help."

I have some unique insight into the situation…. My brother in law is the firearms department manager at Bass Pro in Myrtle Beach… he says things are back ordered till late March. The upper management predicts supply should catch up with the current demand no later than early April when the first of Turkey season starts… Otherwise they will start losing money BIG time.

NOW… my neighbor up the street is a Game warden with NC Wildlife Bureau … he stated that all of this is the result of a “perfect storm” effect. It all started when the election(s) were winding down… Because it was likely Obama would get re-elected, a LOT of people went out and got guns and ammo (myself included on that list.. it took me 3 months to get my AR upper from Del-Ton because of this)… THEN he DID get re-elected and there was more above average level buying…. Then the fiscal budgets were implimented for all LEO agencies including (but not limited to..) FBI, Homeland security, Secret Service, IRS, Fish & Game and all state and even local municipalities … and those guys have contracts on delivery and amounts…. Keep in mind, supplies are still low because of the previous mentioned panic(s)….. then Christmas started and people buy guns & ammo as a gift… supplies get even lower….

Then there was Sandy Hook…… and the world of guns has turned to $h*t creek without a boat OR a paddle.
The good news is 1) the Mayans were wrong and 2) sooner or later prices will come back to sanity (remember 4 years back ???)…. It just might take some time that’s all.

Till then and to all on the forum.. PLEASE support the small shops whenever you can!!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #22

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

It's just like all the milk and bread at the grocery store is gone when they predict snow in the South. People get it in their mind they'll be snow bound for months.

"This too shall pass", hang in as best you can.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #23

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Same here in Prescott, AZ. The 3 largest LGS walls are almost bare and any 556, 308, 22lr and any surplus ammo is practically non existent.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #24
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

I have been running crazy with the transfers coming in and trying to keep my "normal" job.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #25

Liked 365 Times on 209 Posts

I'm in Indiana. Went to 3 LGS yesterday. No 9mm or .22lr anywhere. I bought the last box of .38 Super Auto. Also 2 boxes of 30-30. They had some odd calibers but 97% of shelves were bare. Went online with my ammo deal finder site and checked in with about 7 stores. Scored one box of 9mm, their last. Went to local Walmart today. One or two boxes of .38 Special and .45ACP but that was it. They had odd big rifle calibers and shotgun shells but nothing else. My local LGS contact told me my town's police had been waiting for 30,000 round for 3 months. Said it won't be long before they come to him, begging for his personal supply. What little ammo I can find is costing me more. That box of .38 Super I got cost me $28. 4 months ago, same box, $17. Not uncommon to see boxes of 50 marked up to $35 to $50 a box. I just can't pay that...yet. I'm glad I have various items that take different calibers. I've always bought ammo and have some but some isn't enough to feel good about or to go shooting for fun when you can't replace it.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #26

Liked 789 Times on 617 Posts

its fun to sit back and watch the show.
i stocked up in 1997 and said id never run out.
my predictions were true.
im as safe as a bug in a rug.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/