Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > New hand gun purchase papers on hold. Has this happened to you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New hand gun purchase papers on hold. Has this happened to you?

I have not bought a handgun in 10 yrs. I spoke in another topic about some run ins with the law but none were felony convictions though one was a "charge" of battery LEO but reduced to disorderly conduct.

The guy at Gander Mountain said the app came back as "under review". I am not sure if they simply pass everyone with no record at all and review ones with any history or if I am special?? Though I am well aware of my record, I also know I have nothing that they could deny me for.

I have a feeling the "charge" of battery LEO was enough to set off a looksee. Though I am in no rush at all, the guy said it could take up to 8 days. It has been 3 already. I guess I was surprised. This should be a LOT of fun to get a CCH permit later. Better plan for 6mo of delays there...

I will again list charges:

10ys ago - battery LEO/resist arrest, convicted of disorderly
10ys ago - DUI arrest, was under legal limit, case dismissed
10ys ago - DUI, took diversion program (yep, I was on a role!!)
3ys ago - misdemeanor battery, case dismissed

Though the battery charges were both misunderstandings, I can see where the feds might want a closer look.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Just got a reply back to "proceed" with the sale...lol Okiedokie.