New FFL Dealer - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > New FFL Dealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
If you need, you can download (in *.pdf format) froms from the BATF site. It will not allow you to save changes, but you can print out the forms as needed.

The BATF also has a free CD-ROM that has a program for the forms.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 07-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #12

Likes Given: 13

ATF Online - Applications - eForm 4473 - Frequently Asked Questions
check out the link above its a new e-version of the 4473 supose to help prevent mistakes and blanks. i havent used it yet but from what i read it could make things easier

Old 07-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #13

Hi yes Iam A FFL dealer Havent had them long,Just looking for some advice As far as the 4473s my atf guy told me they were still yellow lol Ya makes you think but he has helped me alot,Thanks For The Advice need all I can get....

Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer31 View Post
Hi yes Iam A FFL dealer Havent had them long,Just looking for some advice As far as the 4473s my atf guy told me they were still yellow lol Ya makes you think but he has helped me alot,Thanks For The Advice need all I can get....
Sorry but it seems odd to me that you've went through the process of obtaining an FFL but really don't seem to understand the details of the firearms business. There is no faster way to get federal "help" than to screw up even a single detail involving a firearms transaction. Maybe I'm being critical, but the above quote (in fact this whole thread) just doesn't seem representative of any FFL dealer I've ever known. If you truly are an FFL holder - learn fast or you're in for serious difficulties...

Last edited by NGIB; 07-20-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Blazer... Did you say that you ARE an FFL dealer? You already have your 01 License? If so, you should already know about the 4473's and your bound book.. Also, if you are indeed an 01 license holder, you already have a business license (state tax ID number normal busness hours established and the address of where you'll be running your business) All of these things are required by the BATF before the license can be granted.

I posses the C&R license (normally called an 03 C&R) but want to get my dealers license set up before I retire. Running from my home (seperate building on my property) and I have to maintain the bound book and keep 4473's on all my transactions between other dealers/collectors.

You need to be up to speed on all of this before selling your first firearm...

Just friendly advice.
OldMan, I'm about to start the application process myself and I've been advised to get the 07 license because it is the same process and allows manufacturing, which is required to assemble AR-15's, etc. If you decide to upgrade later it is a big hassle that you can avoid by doing it now.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've been a licensed collector for ten years now. Looking to upgrade when this latest renewal comes due (two more years). working on getting the shop together so I'll meet the requirements for the business/store front.

www.RCGunworksllc.com

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Sorry but it seems odd to me that you've went through the process of obtaining an FFL but really don't seem to understand the details of the firearms business. There is no faster way to get federal "help" than to screw up even a single detail involving a firearms transaction. Maybe I'm being critical, but the above quote (in fact this whole thread) just doesn't seem representative of any FFL dealer I've ever known. If you truly are an FFL holder - learn fast or you're in for serious difficulties...

I totally agree... something just not righ here

www.RCGunworksllc.com