Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   New FFL Dealer (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/new-ffl-dealer-29092/)

blazer31 07-07-2010 11:54 PM

New FFL Dealer

Hi Iam A New Dealer Just Got Them Can Someone Help Me With Finding A Site Where I can Get A Wholesale Book Or Is There Just Something Iam Missing ,Been Waiting For About Two Months For My FFLs And Cant Find The Deals To Get Started Any Help.. THANKS

danf_fl 07-08-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer31 (Post 311564)
Hi Iam A New Dealer Just Got Them Can Someone Help Me With Finding A Site Where I can Get A Wholesale Book Or Is There Just Something Iam Missing ,Been Waiting For About Two Months For My FFLs And Cant Find The Deals To Get Started Any Help.. THANKS

Check centerfiresystems, Southern Ohio Guns, Ron Shirk, CDNN, Century Arms.
As you hold your FFL, others will come flying in.

blazer31 07-08-2010 12:16 AM

Thanks For Info

Thanks For The Info All Is Welcome Need All I Can Get..

cmhill 07-08-2010 01:03 AM

You will also want to look into a business license for tax exemption on purchases, do you have an actual store front or will you be opperating out of your house? i have ran into a few distributors who will only deal with those that have a physical store front

docpadds 07-08-2010 05:42 PM

Dont forget RSRGroup or SportsSouth too, always got a decent inventory to pick and choose from.

And register over on the FFLONLY Forum to get some insider info :)

blazer31 07-08-2010 11:53 PM

Help With 4473

Hi Have a ? If Anyone Can Help I orderd The 4473 Form From The Distribution Center And They Sent The White Forms,Dose Any One Have Some Info On This...

docpadds 07-09-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer31 (Post 312186)
Hi Have a ? If Anyone Can Help I orderd The 4473 Form From The Distribution Center And They Sent The White Forms,Dose Any One Have Some Info On This...

They are white :)

Haven't been Yellow in forever.

danf_fl 07-09-2010 01:18 AM

If you need, you can download (in *.pdf format) froms from the BATF site. It will not allow you to save changes, but you can print out the forms as needed.

danf_fl 07-09-2010 10:10 AM

Check out ATF Online - Forms - Firearms

TheOldMan 07-20-2010 03:09 PM

Blazer... Did you say that you ARE an FFL dealer? You already have your 01 License? If so, you should already know about the 4473's and your bound book.. Also, if you are indeed an 01 license holder, you already have a business license (state tax ID number normal busness hours established and the address of where you'll be running your business) All of these things are required by the BATF before the license can be granted.

I posses the C&R license (normally called an 03 C&R) but want to get my dealers license set up before I retire. Running from my home (seperate building on my property) and I have to maintain the bound book and keep 4473's on all my transactions between other dealers/collectors.

You need to be up to speed on all of this before selling your first firearm...

Just friendly advice.