Nevada and Machine guns - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Nevada and Machine guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Yea I think I dropped $200 in about 15 min. Well worth it and ill never forget. :-)

Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7122 Times on 4288 Posts
Likes Given: 8654

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyogre View Post
Yea I think I dropped $200 in about 15 min. Well worth it and ill never forget. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Couple years back it was a buck a round for .45 ACP as I recall. It was too expensive for me to afford in any case. I am fortunate in that I know a guy there who has a couple of machine guns and a truckload of surplus ammo so we got to shoot a Reising for free. We brought a bunch of our own guns as well to be polite.
Yeah. It pays to know people. One of the first fellow FTF'ers to spoil me. Hunter Joe from Racine Wisconsin. He has a full auto Thompson Sub Machine gun. He invited me up to shoot for the day. We started with his .22's, worked up through all the calibers and we ended with this.

I may never have that opportunity again but at least I can say I've shot full auto once in my life.

I miss Hunter Joe here on the forum.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2838 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
So as a graduation present my parents are going to take me to Nevada and have the family go full auto. But we have no clue where we would go. Any recommendations?
Nevada?
Heck with that. Grab your skis and come to Utah. Then after a fine day on the slopes, then go burn through a big pile of ammo at one of our fine Gun Shops/Shooting ranges.
I bet you can do it cheaper here without all the touristy trappings involved with LV.

This message brought to you by a Self-appointed member of the Utah Firearms Tourism Board*

*Totally fictional. There you got me.

If you absolutely must do Vegas, stay the night and catch Penn & Teller at the Rio. Great show & we should support Pro Gun entertainers whenever possible.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 569 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2448

Well,
Bless your Family.
Used to go to Vegas every year for the S.O.F. convention.
Spent many hours at THE GUNSTORE.
Shot a Thompson, MP-5, Sten and many others.
Have Fun.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #15

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 636

May we, the Fine People of NH vie for your dollars? Tax free, of course. We have a gun range that rents everything from sub machine guns (incl. supressed ones), to belt fed. About 10 years ago, we rented an HK MP5, and another pistol. The 3 of us were there about 40 min, we shot a bunch of ammo, and it cost a total of around $180. For a once-in-a-lifetime thing, that's not much. The plane ticket would cost you way more....

Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
May we, the Fine People of NH vie for your dollars? Tax free, of course. We have a gun range that rents everything from sub machine guns (incl. supressed ones), to belt fed. About 10 years ago, we rented an HK MP5, and another pistol. The 3 of us were there about 40 min, we shot a bunch of ammo, and it cost a total of around $180. For a once-in-a-lifetime thing, that's not much. The plane ticket would cost you way more....
Are talking about the Manchester Firing Line? I love that place

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #17

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

The gun store will work but also discount firearms on the other side of the strip offers a full auto lineup as well. I can recommend both places but the gun store usually has a massive line and yes is more expensive, discount firearms is a bit less and usually no waiting but may not have a vast array like the gun store as far as guns. Try both maybe!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7122 Times on 4288 Posts
Likes Given: 8654

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
May we, the Fine People of NH vie for your dollars? Tax free, of course. We have a gun range that rents everything from sub machine guns (incl. supressed ones), to belt fed.
Belt fed? Oh, I would love to shoot that!! Add another item to my bucket list. I'm going to have to live to 150 to finish my list.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #19

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Are talking about the Manchester Firing Line? I love that place
I am indeed. Haven't been there in a while, they recently expanded to another building in addition to the one they had. FullautoUSA, aren't Mass people prohibited by Mass law from going there? Or even thinking about such things?

Quote:
Belt fed? Oh, I would love to shoot that!! Add another item to my bucket list. I'm going to have to live to 150 to finish my list.
Well that, or win the lottery. Tell you what... If I win power ball, I'll rent the place for the weekend, and anyone who wants to show up can shoot all they want for free.

Last edited by clr8ter; 02-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

I am indeed. Haven't been there in a while, they recently expanded to another building in addition to the one they had. FullautoUSA, aren't Mass people prohibited by Mass law from going there? Or even thinking about such things?
I sneak through the cracks, you got to get back there, I've been twice since November and they have a great inventory of guns to rent.

Quote:
Well that, or win the lottery. Tell you what... If I win power ball, I'll rent the place for the weekend, and anyone who wants to show up can shoot all they want for free.
you better win the lottery, if you do I'm shooting a thousand round belt on a M2HB, on you

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY