Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Model Number

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Model Number

I'm not an FFL but I'm hoping one of you could help me.

A buddy put me in contact with an FFL that he met at a gun show. I went to see him about getting an XDm 3.8" 45ACP Compact. He called the other day with a quote. But, there was some confusion about a model number (longer story but this is the nuts and bolts).

My question is, Can one of you get me the model number of the Springfield XDm 3.8" 45ACP Compact Black on Black?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FirearmsTalk

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

This what yer lookin' for? How much did he quote you?

snap1.jpg   snap2.jpg  

Last edited by FFL01user; 03-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

@FFL01user- Yes and no. The description is exactly right but your picture does not match. See my confusion? In the picture that you have is a 13+1 grip not the 9+1 grip. I'm so frustrated with this confusion. I know exactly what I want because I've physically held the pistol at two different location.

The description that you have matches this exact pistol:

img_0131.jpg  

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 03-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #4

Liked 66 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
@FFL01user- Yes and no. The description is exactly right but your picture does not match. See my confusion? In the picture that you have is a 13+1 grip not the 9+1 grip. I'm so frustrated with this confusion. I know exactly what I want because I've physically held the pistol at two different location.

The description that you have matches this exact pistol:
Read the fine print. States that the image may not match the description, as that is what the maker provided. Ignore the picture, read the description.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Read the fine print. States that the image may not match the description, as that is what the maker provided. Ignore the picture, read the description.
I read that. Thats not the problem. Problem is when my FFL called quoted me a price, the description he read over the phone to me was; quote, 'I located the XDm 3.8" .45ACP Compact Black on Black with a 13 round clip.' He didn't say, '13 and a 9 round clip.'

Look, I just want the model number of the pistol I want. This is a big purchase for me not to mention this will be my first fire arm purchase I want to make sure that I'm getting what I want.

If I were to give my guy the model number FFL01user provided that SHOULD get me the XDm I'm looking for?

@FFL01user - Btw, he quoted $600

-------------

Old 03-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #6

Liked 66 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
I read that. Thats not the problem. Problem is when my FFL called quoted me a price, the description he read over the phone to me was; quote, 'I located the XDm 3.8" .45ACP Compact Black on Black with a 13 round clip.' He didn't say, '13 and a 9 round clip.'

Look, I just want the model number of the pistol I want. This is a big purchase for me not to mention this will be my first fire arm purchase I want to make sure that I'm getting what I want.

If I were to give my guy the model number FFL01user provided that SHOULD get me the XDm I'm looking for?

@FFL01user - Btw, he quoted $600
Don't forget you're comparing a left and right side of the firearm. If I were you, I'd go on a search from the various websites, including going to the Springfield site http://the-m-factor.com/html/specs_5.html to see if you can find it there to copy the info.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #7

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Xdm93845cbhc
Its the model that comes with both mags.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Xdm93845cbhc
Its the model that comes with both mags.
Awesome. Thank you. That's all I was looking for.

-------------

Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #9

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker

Awesome. Thank you. That's all I was looking for.
The credit has to go to FFL01 user, it was the attachment that he sent with the pic of the xd(m) w/13 round mag. Didn't know if you saw it or not

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy