Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Model Number (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/model-number-59813/)

SmokyMtnHiker 03-09-2012 12:27 PM

Model Number

I'm not an FFL but I'm hoping one of you could help me.

A buddy put me in contact with an FFL that he met at a gun show. I went to see him about getting an XDm 3.8" 45ACP Compact. He called the other day with a quote. But, there was some confusion about a model number (longer story but this is the nuts and bolts).

My question is, Can one of you get me the model number of the Springfield XDm 3.8" 45ACP Compact Black on Black?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FirearmsTalk

FFL01user 03-09-2012 09:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This what yer lookin' for? How much did he quote you?

SmokyMtnHiker 03-09-2012 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@FFL01user- Yes and no. The description is exactly right but your picture does not match. See my confusion? In the picture that you have is a 13+1 grip not the 9+1 grip. I'm so frustrated with this confusion. I know exactly what I want because I've physically held the pistol at two different location.

The description that you have matches this exact pistol:

BenLuby 03-10-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker (Post 734972)
@FFL01user- Yes and no. The description is exactly right but your picture does not match. See my confusion? In the picture that you have is a 13+1 grip not the 9+1 grip. I'm so frustrated with this confusion. I know exactly what I want because I've physically held the pistol at two different location.

The description that you have matches this exact pistol:

Read the fine print. States that the image may not match the description, as that is what the maker provided. Ignore the picture, read the description.

SmokyMtnHiker 03-10-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenLuby (Post 735204)
Read the fine print. States that the image may not match the description, as that is what the maker provided. Ignore the picture, read the description.

I read that. Thats not the problem. Problem is when my FFL called quoted me a price, the description he read over the phone to me was; quote, 'I located the XDm 3.8" .45ACP Compact Black on Black with a 13 round clip.' He didn't say, '13 and a 9 round clip.'

Look, I just want the model number of the pistol I want. This is a big purchase for me not to mention this will be my first fire arm purchase I want to make sure that I'm getting what I want.

If I were to give my guy the model number FFL01user provided that SHOULD get me the XDm I'm looking for?

@FFL01user - Btw, he quoted $600

BenLuby 03-10-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker (Post 735273)
I read that. Thats not the problem. Problem is when my FFL called quoted me a price, the description he read over the phone to me was; quote, 'I located the XDm 3.8" .45ACP Compact Black on Black with a 13 round clip.' He didn't say, '13 and a 9 round clip.'

Look, I just want the model number of the pistol I want. This is a big purchase for me not to mention this will be my first fire arm purchase I want to make sure that I'm getting what I want.

If I were to give my guy the model number FFL01user provided that SHOULD get me the XDm I'm looking for?

@FFL01user - Btw, he quoted $600

Don't forget you're comparing a left and right side of the firearm. If I were you, I'd go on a search from the various websites, including going to the Springfield site http://the-m-factor.com/html/specs_5.html to see if you can find it there to copy the info.

g17frantz 03-10-2012 03:56 AM

Xdm93845cbhc
Its the model that comes with both mags.

SmokyMtnHiker 03-10-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 735322)
Xdm93845cbhc
Its the model that comes with both mags.

Awesome. Thank you. That's all I was looking for.

g17frantz 03-10-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker

Awesome. Thank you. That's all I was looking for.

The credit has to go to FFL01 user, it was the attachment that he sent with the pic of the xd(m) w/13 round mag. Didn't know if you saw it or not