Military With a Concealed Weapons Permit - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Military With a Concealed Weapons Permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

c3shooter, sm IN UNIFORM is ON duty on or off base

Old 07-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #12

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762 View Post
c3shooter, sm IN UNIFORM is ON duty on or off base
Unless you're a Marine then it's 24/7 regardless to include leave (at least that's what we were told I carried in uniform as a recruiter regardless because my boss put the one white guy (me) with a office full of black recruiters in an all black part of town. After a few months they moved me, but I did have a confrontation with 5 individuals while in uniform, in my gov, and looking for an applicant. Needless to say a quick click on the safety provided a reasonable enough excuse to the 5 guys on why this "white boy" was in their neighborhood.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #13

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Unless you're a Marine then it's 24/7 regardless to include leave (at least that's what we were told I carried in uniform as a recruiter regardless because my boss put the one white guy (me) with a office full of black recruiters in an all black part of town. After a few months they moved me, but I did have a confrontation with 5 individuals while in uniform, in my gov, and looking for an applicant. Needless to say a quick click on the safety provided a reasonable enough excuse to the 5 guys on why this "white boy" was in their neighborhood.
I've also found myself the cream filling in a near OREO beatdown and discovered the same thing.

Simply brushing back and grabing the grip on my 1911 was enough for these 3 punks to shout... "**** YO, hommie don't play dat"... and go about there business.

Good thing too, at the time I was on convelecent leave, wearing a brace, 3 weeks out of having my lower back fused in three locations with 11 pieces of Govt hardware for good measure.

Recoil alone probably would have put me on my knees in pain.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 07-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.