max effective suppressor range
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > max effective suppressor range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5507 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Default max effective suppressor range

wife and i went out to the range today i took my ak47 and she brought her savage 10 and supressor. i learned something today... there IS a maximum range that a 308 suppressor will shoot. 25yards!! she has been after me for weeks to let her be with HER rifle so today i let her alone. ranger master calls the range hot im diddling around with the ak and i hear this strange PHOOOOOMP!! i look up just in time to see an 1800$ surefire supressor flying downrange!!

it goes exactly 25 yards!! i wish i had a camera to capture the look on her face LOL.

the guy next her has no clue what a suppressor is but he is laughing his ass off. im like wtf!!!???

im sure that there is a huge extra hole in the end for it to fly that far down range. after the cease fire we go out to get it and miracle of miracles there is no damage AND her shot hit the dead center of the target LOLOLOL

so the max effective range of a 308 surefire fa762k is 25yards.

im sure she will remember to lock it down next time heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #2

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Wow. So what dose she thank of being left alone now?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

she said she wanted me to check her work next time LOLOLOL

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2413 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

JON,

Brother that is Truly a Miracle! For Sure! Wow what luck!
She just did not have it locked on assuming it has a quick adapter mount?
I would have not been as lucky. We had a similar thing happen at the lease this year in Texas. One of my hunting buddies did not get his locked down correctly and bent it at the exit end cap. Thank God in his case no baffles were struck. They will just cut the end plate off of it and replace it!
So I will have to remember the max distance for the can! What did it chronograph at????? LOL!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

its a qd mount system. she thought she was tightening it to the barrel by screwing the lock ring as if it was screwing it down on the barrel so it wasnt locked at all. any other system i think it woulda been a disaster. the surefire system the brake or flash hider is a pretty tight fit and ensures concentricity. it made me a believer in surefire's ability to make suppressors and mounting systems!!

not sure on it's fps lol but it does have another beauty mark where it hit the ground and scuffed off more of the finish heh

Last edited by JonM; 12-09-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #6

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

This is what my reaction would have ben.

image-2318691369.jpg  

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That was funny.......its like i say "damm mr.murphys ..
it reminded me when i was useing a FAL shooting a dcm match in san diego and my put togther fal went full auto..warn parts..other could get away with it but everyone know me in the greater san diego area and i heard about for years.lol...