Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   max effective suppressor range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/max-effective-suppressor-range-78056/)

JonM 12-08-2012 11:19 PM

max effective suppressor range

wife and i went out to the range today i took my ak47 and she brought her savage 10 and supressor. i learned something today... there IS a maximum range that a 308 suppressor will shoot. 25yards!! she has been after me for weeks to let her be with HER rifle so today i let her alone. ranger master calls the range hot im diddling around with the ak and i hear this strange PHOOOOOMP!! i look up just in time to see an 1800$ surefire supressor flying downrange!!

it goes exactly 25 yards!! i wish i had a camera to capture the look on her face LOL.

the guy next her has no clue what a suppressor is but he is laughing his ass off. im like wtf!!!???

im sure that there is a huge extra hole in the end for it to fly that far down range. after the cease fire we go out to get it and miracle of miracles there is no damage AND her shot hit the dead center of the target LOLOLOL

so the max effective range of a 308 surefire fa762k is 25yards.

im sure she will remember to lock it down next time heh

lbwar15 12-08-2012 11:25 PM

Wow. So what dose she thank of being left alone now?

JonM 12-08-2012 11:43 PM

she said she wanted me to check her work next time LOLOLOL

Sniper03 12-08-2012 11:49 PM

JON,

Brother that is Truly a Miracle! For Sure! Wow what luck!
She just did not have it locked on assuming it has a quick adapter mount?
I would have not been as lucky. We had a similar thing happen at the lease this year in Texas. One of my hunting buddies did not get his locked down correctly and bent it at the exit end cap. Thank God in his case no baffles were struck. They will just cut the end plate off of it and replace it!
So I will have to remember the max distance for the can! What did it chronograph at????? LOL!;)

JonM 12-09-2012 12:27 AM

its a qd mount system. she thought she was tightening it to the barrel by screwing the lock ring as if it was screwing it down on the barrel so it wasnt locked at all. any other system i think it woulda been a disaster. the surefire system the brake or flash hider is a pretty tight fit and ensures concentricity. it made me a believer in surefire's ability to make suppressors and mounting systems!!

not sure on it's fps lol but it does have another beauty mark where it hit the ground and scuffed off more of the finish heh

lbwar15 12-10-2012 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what my reaction would have ben.

wildgeese 12-10-2012 03:08 PM

That was funny.......its like i say "damm mr.murphys ..
it reminded me when i was useing a FAL shooting a dcm match in san diego and my put togther fal went full auto..warn parts..other could get away with it but everyone know me in the greater san diego area and i heard about for years.lol...