Manufacturer's License??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Manufacturer's License???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FFL for manufacturing

Lowercasejay is exactly right. ITAR is something you can't get around at least for now. It is an good way to get started assembling and selling. If you are looking to buy from abroad you will be able to import and save yourself alot of money, you should consider it since you will have to do the paperwork anyway and I mean you have to send a report if you do any work or not so you you might as well take advantage of having the 07 FFL. It really makes no sense for those of us that want to build American made products and have to pay the fee to ITAR.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #12

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

ITAR is the biggest crock of SH!T and an outright scam on business owners. It even says it's purpose is to monitor the export of arms. The next sentence says even if you don't export you still have to pay. WTF???

Sorry for the rant, but every time I see or hear ITAR I get pissed.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Pom- basic gunsmithing (repair) is under an 01 FFL, same as a Dealer. However, to make firearms for sale, 07. A smith CAN make the occasional gun for sale, but to be turning out dozens or hundreds, 07, plus the ITAR registration and fees, unless you are granted a CJ determination (Commodity Jurisdiction) Unless your only buyer of ARs is a police dept, you will not get a CJ, and the ITAR fees are significant.

Which is why I said talk to an industry Inspector.
What is required to gunsmith on NFA items like SBRs, or to build SBRs for cutomers? Not high volume, having the customer fill out the NFA forms to make the lower into an SBR.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #14

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho View Post
What is required to gunsmith on NFA items like SBRs, or to build SBRs for cutomers? Not high volume, having the customer fill out the NFA forms to make the lower into an SBR.
I believe if customer buys reciever from you and all the parts, then has you "gunsmith" them into a complete unit you are ok. Since the receiver is what comes into your A+D book, and you sell that then asemmble with other parts customer bought you are legal. Now I only tell you this for AR's. Since I got this direct from ATF officer. If an AR is considered an SBR then yes my info is good. Oh, and that is in the good state of Indiana. Meaning the Fed told me one thing, but you also must be compliant in your state.