Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   M60 E4 - Have you seen it?!?! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/m60-e4-have-you-seen-9989/)

Dillinger 01-15-2009 02:10 PM

M60 E4 - Have you seen it?!?!

Okay, so the folks at US Ordnance have released their new M60E4 and this thing is IMPRESSIVE.

I have a video that was sent to me, it's four megs and I don't believe we can upload video here, but I will send it to anyone that wants to see it, just PM with your e-mail addy.

This thing has a "test" run where they link 850 rounds of belt fed 7.62 and run the thing for 1 minute and 45 seconds STRAIGHT with one pull of the trigger! That is impressive performance.

Having spent a little time behind the trigger on the older, big heavy stock M-60, I have to say this new model literally had me open mouthed at the performance and reliability. Very impressive stuff.

JD

dragunovsks 01-15-2009 05:52 PM

A buddy of mine showed it to me last year and I had it posted to my Myspace profile but it was removed from YouTube for "Terms of use violation" whatever the hell that means.

That guy was digging a ditch with it, pretty impressive JD.

Dillinger 01-15-2009 05:58 PM

I tried to find it hosted so I could link it, but to no avail. If it came out a year ago I REALLY missed the "F"ing boat on that one, but it's one hell of an awesome machine.

You are right, you could have laid down in that dirt ditch he blasted during that run... LOL

JD

matt g 01-15-2009 06:06 PM

Carries many of the same specs an the E3. The only difference that I can see is the STANAG rails. I liked that the grip on the E3 was mounted way farther forward that the one pictured is.

After seeing the M240B/G in action and comparing the specs on it and the M60 E4, I'm going to have stick with my choice of the M240. There are design flaws in the M60 platform that were corrected when the 240 was designed.

JD, he's right, the E4 has been out for quite a while now. When the Army picked up the M240, the E4 was in the tests.

http://www.usord.com/Employment_USORD.htm Interesting, they're looking for people. I'm qualified for 3 of those 4 jobs listed.

Jay 01-15-2009 10:11 PM

Here's a link to the vid on my photobucket page....

Video of New M60 field test - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

matt g 01-15-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 62872)
Here's a link to the vid on my photobucket page....

Video of New M60 field test - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

850 rds. in one pull? Retarded, but cool. If you listen to the audio, you can hear the timing start to suffer from the metals expanding.

I've had 3 guns on line "talking" them for close to an hour before. It was butt loads of fun. That was the day that we took 12 M60E3 retrofits to the range at 0530 and left the range at 1900 with 3 functional guns. We destroyed and/or canalized 9 guns through out the day.

We had something dumb, like 600k rds to burn and 10 guys that were willing to do it. Good times, good times...

Dillinger 01-15-2009 11:10 PM

It is retarded, but cool none that less. That is some pretty impressive string of rounds through that gun though. Much more reliable than a lot of the previous offerings...

That's the video I got sent, thank Jay!

JD

SGT-MILLER 01-16-2009 02:19 AM

The M60 is always gonna be the king of the crew served weapons, in my humble opinion.

Nothing beats the pig.:)

M249 is great for laying out a steady stream of the smaller 5.56mm.

M240 is an excellent weapon, but it's finicky (at least the ones in my unit are) and bulky. The only thing that some people tend to like is the ability to change the fire rate from 600 to around 900 rpm.

matt g 01-16-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 62950)
The M60 is always gonna be the king of the crew served weapons, in my humble opinion.

Nothing beats the pig.:)

M249 is great for laying out a steady stream of the smaller 5.56mm.

M240 is an excellent weapon, but it's finicky (at least the ones in my unit are) and bulky. The only thing that some people tend to like is the ability to change the fire rate from 600 to around 900 rpm.

You need to beat on your 240s. The only reason that the pigs are so reliable is because they've been through a couple of wars, so all of the crap guns have either been fixed or scrapped.

dragunovsks 01-16-2009 12:09 PM

I like the guys inthusiasm at the end, "Whoa"