Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Lost a customer today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDefense View Post
as in the original post, it was shipped to another FFL.
Oops...missed that part!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #12

I've had Brown Santa leave them at my door too.
I recently sent a pistol to a customers FFL in Calif. only to find that I put the wrong zip code. I inverted two numbers. Took two weeks for it to show up at the right addy. Stuff happens.

Todd

07/C2 SOT
In Louisiana
Need variance work ? I can help.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #13

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Decades ago I suffered a financial setback and had to move to a cheap apartment in a poor, rather bad (chalk outlines and police tape around patches of blood outside, or in the bldg. lobby at least once a month) neighborhood. Had to stay there for a few years till things got lots better. Still, I kept my C&R and bemused myself by ordering some of the new, but slightly used, and incredibly cheap stuff coming in from China, Brazil and Argentina and advertised in the Shotgun News in those happy days. Anyhow, one day when I was expecting an order, or at least one of those little yellow 'we tried to deliver' sheets, to arrive at my door, instead that evening there came a knock at my door. The apartment next door had been the recipient of a police raid only a few days earlier and the occupant hauled away in cuffs. There, in the hallway was the occupier of that apartment with a box delivered via UPS. When UPS knocked on my empty apartment door he had just gotten out so he heard the knocking. He stuck his head out from next door and the driver happily asked him to just give it to me when I came home, so he did. A very nice Norwegian 1914 .45 was in the box if my memory is accurate. I called UPS about it and was told that since the shipper had not used Assured of Delivery (with a signature) no UPS policy had been violated by the driver. Thirty years later the moral of that experience still sticks with me. Always use AOD with a signature required.