Just got through with ATF meeting for FFL - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Just got through with ATF meeting for FFL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 03:49 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1097 Times on 500 Posts
Likes Given: 83

I got a call from the local ATF today! Should be setting up meeting very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #22

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Wait till you have everything. You could really set a bad impression if you open prematurely.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The more I think about it I'm going wait until I get the license. I'm just so anxious to get the license. I've told a few people about it and now I have over 20 people wanting to buy guns from me. Evan my family Dr. Wants to buy 3 himself. I've lost 2 sales because they couldn't / wouldn't wait. A young kid fresh out of gunsmith school opened up a shop here in town and only had 10 or 12 guns, no ammo, or accessories. It's already spread around to not even bother going in because of his small inventory and prices. That's the last thing I want to do. I'm not going to have a huge inventory to start but I'll have more than that. I even have a few people that want to do consignment sales. The biggest thing I have going for me, is this is going to be a side line business and my brother inlaw will work the shop during the hours I can't. So what ever I make is just extra money. Eventually I hope I can retire from the pump business and let my son run it and I can use the gun business as my retirement. I took such a beating business wise after 2008 this about the only chance I have to be able to retire.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #24

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
The more I think about it I'm going wait until I get the license. I'm just so anxious to get the license. I've told a few people about it and now I have over 20 people wanting to buy guns from me. Evan my family Dr. Wants to buy 3 himself. I've lost 2 sales because they couldn't / wouldn't wait. A young kid fresh out of gunsmith school opened up a shop here in town and only had 10 or 12 guns, no ammo, or accessories. It's already spread around to not even bother going in because of his small inventory and prices. That's the last thing I want to do. I'm not going to have a huge inventory to start but I'll have more than that. I even have a few people that want to do consignment sales. The biggest thing I have going for me, is this is going to be a side line business and my brother inlaw will work the shop during the hours I can't. So what ever I make is just extra money. Eventually I hope I can retire from the pump business and let my son run it and I can use the gun business as my retirement. I took such a beating business wise after 2008 this about the only chance I have to be able to retire.

I think that's a good choice. Best of luck to you sir!

Old 05-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
I think that's a good choice. Best of luck to you sir!

Thank you. I just hope everything goes as planned.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Well nobody is going to believe this but I received a call from ATF today. My interview is next Tuesday. I can hardly believe it myself. It's been less than 4 weeks since I sent in my application. I've got a lot of work to do this weekend. We've been using the store front area as storage so now I need to get it cleaned up. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It took me about 4months to get the actual FFL license after the ATF meeting/interview.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomfirearms View Post
It took me about 4months to get the actual FFL license after the ATF meeting/interview.

The interview went great. Very nice and informative. The bad part is he told me it could be 6 to 8 weeks before we get the license. I'm losing sales everyday. The good part is it will give more time to get everything at the shop set up. At least I have more time telling people about the shop and acquire more used guns for inventory. It's just frustrating waiting for the license. Oh well at least I'm past the hard part and the anxiety that goes with it.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 41

BTW, give me a call and I'll get you set up as a dealer in our system...

Tim @ Liberty

Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 05-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I will, thanks