Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > interview wed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default interview wed

new to the site and had a few questions. I filed for my FFl 1 nov i got a call today and my interview is wed. Am going to have the business lic and building completely done at this time. I was under the impression that they inspected the location to start then before your licence is active you will have to meet there requirements.....safe, security system, ect.

I dont have any of this stuff done because i did not want to waste the money if i was turned down. any info on how this interview will happen will be appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #2

Liked 264 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Batf

From what I understand the meeting is more to check you out than your business credentials. They want to know that you intend to follow the rules laid out for FFL holders. The business end is more of a local issue with your city regulations.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #3

well the interview went great. It is not at all what i expected. It was more of a lesson than anything they went over how to fill the forms out and different regs. they also gave me all the reg books posters and stickers i need to post. agent said i should have my lic by the 15th of january

Old 01-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
Unk
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2688 View Post
well the interview went great. It is not at all what i expected. It was more of a lesson than anything they went over how to fill the forms out and different regs. they also gave me all the reg books posters and stickers i need to post. agent said i should have my lic by the 15th of january
Congrats to you on this accomplishment. Now if you do have questions ask your ATF agent and remember to write down their name and the time you called along with their answer. Never hurts to be on top of it. I got my FFL last year and have been selling, and transferring too. I work out of home and I feel I am contributing to keeping the second ammendment alive. My ATF agent has always been easy to contact. Keep reading and if I had t do it all over I would have made post notes of what she told me. Read that manual, and make sure you have you client fill out the 4473 correctly. Get a good record book too. I bought 10 record books from Brownell's. They are cheap, but the shipping costs were the same for 10 or 1. Keep good records too. Oh, and as a word of advice don't do any favors for friends or family. Your FFL is supposed to be used for a business as you already know. If you haven't done so start making contact with Wholesalers like Sports South and MGE Davidsons...... Some will have better deals on firearms. This forum was how I got my FFL. I want to keep it and thank this group. There are more people here that know more stuff than I ever imagined.
Good Luck,
UNK

Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #5

thanks, I got my FFL a couple weeks ago and am in the process of getting my shop done. I have been ready and reading any chance i can get. I have to get a deadly weapons license from delaware before i can sell handguns in delaware. I have a bit more to accomplish before i can open but I hope to be open for business begining of febuary.