Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Interview with BATF on Wednesday...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ask a ton of questions.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

In my quest to obtain my 01 FFL, I again spoke to the ATF.. Basically my local zoning folks didn't know what they were needing so to cover themselves they had me speak to the local police dept. Now I say "they" losely since it was just someone at the front desk that seemed confused.

The investigator went on to tell me that it would help if I could get something from the zoning office (preferably in writing) that simply stated that my type of business would not affect the local zoning laws. Reason being is that once I get the ball rolling and apply for the licenses (FFL and state retail license for handguns), I'd have not wasted my money and his time once they come to interview me.

While the BATF is compeled by regulation to issue your license if you meet all guidlines at the federal level, the last thing they do is contact the local zoning office to make sure you have complied with their portion of the process.

All in all, I've been told that it will run about 2 to 3 months before I have license in hand and be up and running.

The agent was very helpful btw....

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #33

Sent the application out on December 8th and Got my 01 FFL today... Woot woot! Can't wait to start selling!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Sent the application out on December 8th and Got my 01 FFL today... Woot woot! Can't wait to start selling!
WOW Gratz man..

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"