integral suppressed 10/22 barrel

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > integral suppressed 10/22 barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5745 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Default integral suppressed 10/22 barrel

anyone got a recomendation for a decent suppressed barrel for a 10/22?? i dont want a threaded barrel to screw a suppressor to the end.

top priority ease of cleaning the supressor components.

second would be noise signature

lastly accuracy

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I just saw this AAC integral suppressed 10/22 barrel last weekend at their table at Buckarama. It's not listed on their website, but should be available shortly. I haven't heard it, but they said it keeps most bulk pack ammo subsonic. It has one port on the top of the barrel about 3-4" from the receiver. The machining was impressive. You just need one stamp since it's over 16" to the end of the threads.

Advanced Armament Corp. » Integral Ruger 10/22

Old 08-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thanks. ive heard of aac. i havent found one by any of the other big makers yet. i hopethey offer it in something other than stainless

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 207 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Norrell and Tactical Solutions

Old 08-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #5

Liked 1127 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 349

What kind of sound suppression do these provide? I shoot a 10/22 bull barrel without hearing protection and don't feel that I need it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

pretty much just the sound of the bolt going back and forth. supressors are kinda like mosins once step in the pool your in to the neck and never wanna come out

WoC took this vid on the sly of me shooting my suppressed ruger mk3

Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 AM   #7

Liked 1127 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 349

On a pistol or Charger it makes perfect sense. I guess it would be cool to have a rifle that is even quieter, but personally I think some noise is a good thing, that way people realize you are shooting. Similar to the electric cars having whistles argument because pedestrians don't hear them coming and blind pedestrians don't stand a chance.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

the point of it is so others dont hear it very good for shtf hunting where you dont want to let goblins know you just bagged a rabbit deer or squirrel.