Im new to FFL, HELP!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Im new to FFL, HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Im new to FFL, HELP!

I am brand new to purchasing a gun online...if someone could please walk me through the steps of purchasing a gun from an independent FFL dealer I would appreciate it. Im just looking to safe money because my shops price it a little to high for me. so please just take me through step one to end so I dont screw this up.

thanks everyone,
Kevin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Once you find a weapon you would like to purchase, you need to find a local FFL. Before buying the weapon call your local FFL to verify their fee and make sure they will do the transfer. Your local FFL usually has to fax a copy of their license to the FFL you are purchasing from. Once the seller verifies that your local FFL is valid they will then ship the weapon to them. You would go pick up your weapon at your local FFL and pay their fee. Depending on the FFL fees range from 10 dollars up to 50 dollars. Try to stay away from brick and mortar gun shops as they usually charge more on the transfer fee than a home based FFL or pawnbroker. If you go through www.budsgunshop.com they usually have a few FFL dealers on file that they will ship too or you could use their site to locate a FFL in your area.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You looking to buy full automatic weapons?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As a home based FFL. I would suggest finding a price online add shipping and the transfer fee. Thn ask the home based FFL you are looking to transfer with if he can get the same gun for around the same price.