If The Registry Closed in '68...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > If The Registry Closed in '68...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 832

Default If The Registry Closed in '68...

How come you see all these guys on youtube and the net, shooting all these "modern" machine guns? I just find it hard to believe that a military or law enforcement agency would let people shoot their guns for a youtube video.. I could see maybe for a documentary or something.. I even understand the old ones, I could see someone with their license doing it, but what about the ones that are for military or law enforcement only?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

you can get special permits to use any machinegun you want in a movie if you have proper permitting or pay people who do. sot manufacturers can make new modern guns again with proper paperwork. some folks may know a sot dealer and that person is likely standing right behind the camera guy supervising.

then there are registered sears and trigger packs. those can be dropped into any existing semi auto. with a little elbow grease and ingeuity you can use such registered sear or pack and create any mg you want within certain restrictions.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

A lot of these videos are from outside the US. Russia is a common site for these shoots. I am not sure about the export restrictions on Miniguns and AA-12's but pobably easier to buy one in Russia than the US.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
A lot of these videos are from outside the US. Russia is a common site for these shoots. I am not sure about the export restrictions on Miniguns and AA-12's but pobably easier to buy one in Russia than the US.
i take it youve seen that teenage russian douche on you-tube as well? dear god its as if they gave an armory to one of the retards on jersey shore.

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum

i take it youve seen that teenage russian douche on you-tube as well? dear god its as if they gave an armory to one of the retards on jersey shore.
Hes from gerogia

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
Hes from gerogia
-whatever.

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7343 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum View Post
That's pretty funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
Hes from gerogia
Soviet Georgia? That is where my Father is from. My Dad is Russian and his parents were from Soviet Georgia.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That's pretty funny!!!

Soviet Georgia? That is where my Father is from. My Dad is Russian and his parents were from Soviet Georgia.
georgia as in right next to alabama... he isnt russian its a fake accent and a very bad one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
georgia as in right next to alabama... he isnt russian its a fake accent and a very bad one
that true? hahah i just mute it and watch him blow stuff up. i couldnt stand his voice anyway. then he got into torturing blow up sex dolls by hooking up car batteries to its nipples. ugh-

Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
How come you see all these guys on youtube and the net, shooting all these "modern" machine guns? I just find it hard to believe that a military or law enforcement agency would let people shoot their guns for a youtube video.. I could see maybe for a documentary or something.. I even understand the old ones, I could see someone with their license doing it, but what about the ones that are for military or law enforcement only?
You forgot something. To make a HK53 a F/A you need a sear. The host weapon can be made in 2000 or after (it doesn't make a difference), but the sear needs to be made an registered prior to 1986, where it would be registered as a f/A - it actually becomes the weapon. In 1968 the amnesty was closed, to bring back guns from WWI, WWII, Korea etc. Full auto weapons could be MFG and registered by MG mfg's. You could also in some situations, import F/A between 1968 and 1986. The 1986 law is what banned private citizens of owning any F/A's after that date.

I have a 1982 Ruger AC556 its Full Auto with a 3 position switch (Semi, 3 round burst, F/A) - somebody bought it in 1982 and registered it. It then was sold and transferred (probably many times). It's fully transferable and its a 1982 weapon.