Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   If The Registry Closed in '68... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/if-registry-closed-68-a-59905/)

Trez 03-10-2012 03:18 PM

If The Registry Closed in '68...

How come you see all these guys on youtube and the net, shooting all these "modern" machine guns? I just find it hard to believe that a military or law enforcement agency would let people shoot their guns for a youtube video.. I could see maybe for a documentary or something.. I even understand the old ones, I could see someone with their license doing it, but what about the ones that are for military or law enforcement only?

JonM 03-10-2012 03:32 PM

you can get special permits to use any machinegun you want in a movie if you have proper permitting or pay people who do. sot manufacturers can make new modern guns again with proper paperwork. some folks may know a sot dealer and that person is likely standing right behind the camera guy supervising.

then there are registered sears and trigger packs. those can be dropped into any existing semi auto. with a little elbow grease and ingeuity you can use such registered sear or pack and create any mg you want within certain restrictions.

robocop10mm 03-10-2012 03:50 PM

A lot of these videos are from outside the US. Russia is a common site for these shoots. I am not sure about the export restrictions on Miniguns and AA-12's but pobably easier to buy one in Russia than the US.

Soliferrum 03-10-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 735709)
A lot of these videos are from outside the US. Russia is a common site for these shoots. I am not sure about the export restrictions on Miniguns and AA-12's but pobably easier to buy one in Russia than the US.

i take it youve seen that teenage russian douche on you-tube as well? dear god its as if they gave an armory to one of the retards on jersey shore.

woody63m 03-10-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliferrum

i take it youve seen that teenage russian douche on you-tube as well? dear god its as if they gave an armory to one of the retards on jersey shore.

Hes from gerogia

Soliferrum 03-10-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 735857)
Hes from gerogia

-whatever.:D

winds-of-change 03-10-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliferrum (Post 735853)

That's pretty funny!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 735857)
Hes from gerogia

Soviet Georgia? That is where my Father is from. My Dad is Russian and his parents were from Soviet Georgia.

JonM 03-10-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 735868)
That's pretty funny!!!

Soviet Georgia? That is where my Father is from. My Dad is Russian and his parents were from Soviet Georgia.

georgia as in right next to alabama... he isnt russian its a fake accent and a very bad one

Soliferrum 03-10-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 735870)
georgia as in right next to alabama... he isnt russian its a fake accent and a very bad one

that true? hahah i just mute it and watch him blow stuff up. i couldnt stand his voice anyway. then he got into torturing blow up sex dolls by hooking up car batteries to its nipples. ugh-:rolleyes:

anm2_man 03-10-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 735665)
How come you see all these guys on youtube and the net, shooting all these "modern" machine guns? I just find it hard to believe that a military or law enforcement agency would let people shoot their guns for a youtube video.. I could see maybe for a documentary or something.. I even understand the old ones, I could see someone with their license doing it, but what about the ones that are for military or law enforcement only?

You forgot something. To make a HK53 a F/A you need a sear. The host weapon can be made in 2000 or after (it doesn't make a difference), but the sear needs to be made an registered prior to 1986, where it would be registered as a f/A - it actually becomes the weapon. In 1968 the amnesty was closed, to bring back guns from WWI, WWII, Korea etc. Full auto weapons could be MFG and registered by MG mfg's. You could also in some situations, import F/A between 1968 and 1986. The 1986 law is what banned private citizens of owning any F/A's after that date.

I have a 1982 Ruger AC556 its Full Auto with a 3 position switch (Semi, 3 round burst, F/A) - somebody bought it in 1982 and registered it. It then was sold and transferred (probably many times). It's fully transferable and its a 1982 weapon.