I have a couple of questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > I have a couple of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Default I have a couple of questions

Maybe someone could help me out. I live in Arkansas and am in the middle of buying a suppressor for my p22. I have my home for sale and if it sells I will be moving to Kansas. I checked and as of july 08 kansas legalized the ownership of class 3 including suppressors. What do I have to do to move a suppressor from one state to another? The other quesiton is how long does it take to get the forms back form the governemnt?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sorry Bro - Not really my area of expertise, but we have several Class III guys here who will be along shortly.

I am basically responding to bump this up and let you know you are not being ignored.

Welcome to the Forum and be sure to post some pics when you get your can and pistol together under the same roof.

JD

Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Default Thanks

Thanks. BTW I was always a fan of Kathy Bach growing up.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by edteach View Post
Thanks. BTW I was always a fan of Kathy Bach growing up.
You and me both brother.... What a set of "assets" on that gal.....

JD

PS - Avatars change every Saturday Night / Sunday Morning. This next week is any Arnold S. character if you choose to stick around and play along.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9351 Times on 4034 Posts
Likes Given: 1469

Touch base with the BATF. In general, they require their permission to move a class III item from one state to another.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Yes this is correct you have to notify ATF of your intention to move and you also need to notfy the CLEO where you are moving to. There could be local ordences that may prevent it in that area. If you contact ATF do it with their federal offices and not your state office the only ones who can legaly answer your questions is the national offices and that may require you to submit it in writing. Hope this helps.

Last edited by TRIGGER; 03-15-2009 at 10:02 PM.