how hard is to get a class 3 permit - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > how hard is to get a class 3 permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9207 Times on 3972 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Having a gunsmith modify an existing rifle to fire full auto is VERY expensive. It will cost you 10 years of your life that you will spend in a Federal prison (no parole) and a fine of $10,000. It will also cost you your right to ever own ANY firearm. Not to mention the loss of your girlish laughter, and possibly your virginity.

You are either being fed a line of high grade BS, or you have an idiot that is bragging about having conspired to violate the National Firearms Act. NO fully automatic firearm created after May 1986 can be legally transferred to a private citizen in the US. Period.

Either way, I would endeavor to put 3 or 4 zip codes between he and me.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

He didnt say when it was moded just that it took months to get his paper work clear and it was a ruger mini 14 thats all i know he said it was leagal

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

JKYL forget getting a M4 class 3...we all would..sad part is during the regan years he screwed us big time and stoped more full auto guns into the system....so its only those that was registered in 1986 i think? and back is what we have a chance at "IF" you own a gold mine or bank they don't know about...atf just loving it as each day more are getting worn out and some day be gone.....id love a select fire gun but at todays ammo cost and avability plus im of the school one shot one kill (usmc combat nam vet)so sprey and prey not my thing...unless your volentering to be my ammo pack mule and rich?..my COLT- LE-6920 is the same thing as a M4 but semi auto and longer barrel..a old funky M16A1 can cost you $15,000.-- up....so id take that $ get a colt le-6920 out fit it to max..get a can and atf lic and mybe do a sbr job on it for another $200......just my 2 bht's worth

Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Also for you that want a FFL for your home....you give the gestappo the right to enter your home anytime they want...no warrant needed...do it in a bldg away from home.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #35

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgeese View Post
Also for you that want a FFL for your home....you give the gestappo the right to enter your home anytime they want...no warrant needed...do it in a bldg away from home.
WRONG! I'm a home ffl and they have to be scheduled to come do an inspection. When they do that inspection it only applies to where you conduct business.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #36

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyllandhide View Post
Just wondering
If you have an FFL, easy as pie..An SOT is not a license but rather a transfewr tax, or spoecial occupatinal tax
1 simple form and with your 01 FFL and $500 per year, you're a Class III Dealer basically, as soon as they cash your check