Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > how hard is to get a class 3 permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ok not to poke the bees best but what about a compromise like a AR with slide fire or bump fire. I have seen those and hear they are totally legal. Just a random thought.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMatt72 View Post
Ok not to poke the bees best but what about a compromise like a AR with slide fire or bump fire. I have seen those and hear they are totally legal. Just a random thought.
They work and are legal. Just out of curiosity... have you considered that 223 ammo is roughly $0.25 a round and that FA fire involves hundreds of these a minute? FA fire is overrated and insanely expensive.

If you have to have it, buy a S&W M&P15-22 and put a slide fire stock on it. A .22 is the only reasonably affordable way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

So slide fire is leagal the 15/22 sounds like a great idea i have been wanting one anyway where can you get slide fire lower done at any gunsmith

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #14

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyllandhide View Post
So slide fire is leagal the 15/22 sounds like a great idea i have been wanting one anyway where can you get slide fire lower done at any gunsmith
Slide fires are pretty easy to do yourself and unless your LGS has them you can order it from their website.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #15

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts

A 22 with slide fire would be awesome. I agree full auto is a waste.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
A semi-auto AR style rifle will run you about $650 and up. Go over on the AR thread, and folks can offer all kinds of advice on brands.

A full auto is going to cost you and arm and a leg (and first born male child). That is because there is a limited number of them, and there will not be any more. Only the ones registered ALREADY can be transfered to a private citizen.

Now, if you still want a full auto- and want a carbine that LOOKS like an M4, go find a Machine Gun Dealer, and see what is out there. But be prepared for some SERIOUS sticker shock.

Jon- if you are following, I have not personally bought a full auto in a long time. Your thoughts on selling prices? Think you said you recently sold one?
Hello C3 I was wondering if you know about "home base FFL's" I was looking to find out if I can get a FFL and sell online from my home?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8312 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

CAN you have an 01 Dealer FFL with a business operated from your home- YES- from a Federal standpoint.

MAYBE from a local standpoint.

Before the Feds will issue you an 01, you must show (a) you intend to "engage in the business" of buying and selling guns, and (b) you are in compliance with state and local laws- like ZONING- and having a business license, etc. There 3 folks that I deal with that DO have their business at their home- TWO of them are good gunsmiths- but zoning allows it where they are.

Where you are- I can't tell.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie-hunter View Post
Hello C3 I was wondering if you know about "home base FFL's" I was looking to find out if I can get a FFL and sell online from my home?
I'm a home based FFL. As C3 said as long as you meet all the requirements locally the feds don't care. You are more likely to be stopped by your local zonning board than anything.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #19

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

FYI - Most of the FA colts and even the conversion weapons that were selling for $12k-$15k are now up to $18k-$21k. This has just happened in the last few months. I blame the price increase due to the SHRIKE avaliability. Used to be a belt fed AR was hard to come by. But today, there are more of them @ the $20k range (and everybody thought that the MM23E was over priced) - LOL

Old 08-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5108 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
A semi-auto AR style rifle will run you about $650 and up. Go over on the AR thread, and folks can offer all kinds of advice on brands.

A full auto is going to cost you and arm and a leg (and first born male child). That is because there is a limited number of them, and there will not be any more. Only the ones registered ALREADY can be transfered to a private citizen.

Now, if you still want a full auto- and want a carbine that LOOKS like an M4, go find a Machine Gun Dealer, and see what is out there. But be prepared for some SERIOUS sticker shock.

Jon- if you are following, I have not personally bought a full auto in a long time. Your thoughts on selling prices? Think you said you recently sold one?
M16 depending on condition and type are from 15,000 to 25,000 for an actual M16-A2. i sold my A1 for 16000

another type is the drop-in-auto-sear which can be installed in some RDIAS lowers like the BCM lower and the new Colt LE901. finding one that someone is willing to part with for a reasonable price... that is a challenge.

if you just want a full auto mac10 types or uzi's are pretty common as literally thousands were made and registered. Full autos do not ever go down in price. its a better investment than gold.

people who buy an actual M16 tend not to shoot them since shooting them makes them less valuable. people who shoot full auto for fun use DIAS devices or uzis or mac10 or ac556 or something along those lines.

expect to spend BIG $$$ for an actual colt. there are some other registered knockoffs of the M16 that got registered way back but most of those are pretty terrible and seldom work right.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...