How Expensive Are Full Auto Weapons? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > How Expensive Are Full Auto Weapons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default good investment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShot View Post
I am fine with the NFA. My Class III stuff appreciates about 50% per year now. It's my Second Amendment retirement plan.
The man's got a point. Can you think of another investment with a guaranteed 50% annual return?

These weapons are expensive, for sure, but another expense I don't see anyone mentioning is FEEDING the damned things. I used to know a gunsmith and Class III dealer and collector who reloaded ammo ALL YEAR for ONE afternoon of shooting when he and some friends would take them out for some full-auto fun. You can go through $10K in ammo in a few hours. At 600 rounds a minute or more--well, do the math. It sounds like a rich man's hobby to me.
Hey, I'm buying Lotto tickets. Maybe someday...

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
LEO

Default Ammo

I do not see myself going to the range all the time to shoot full auto.

It is something that is fun to do once in a while. But for me... just having a gun that can do it is also a thrill.

I have a type of gun that most other people do not have. In my friends and co-worker network.. There was only one other guy and he moved.

Plus... it is an investment so unless they repeal the 1986 ban.. I know I can sell this and get more than I paid plus the shipping and ATF tax stamp cost.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #23

Default value

Thats the kicker LEO:if we win in suprem you lose.I like mg but my likes are for crew served.vickers/browning /hockiss/ect.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #24
LEO

Default Lose but win too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCATT View Post
Thats the kicker LEO:if we win in suprem you lose.I like mg but my likes are for crew served.vickers/browning /hockiss/ect.
Ya... It would suck but!!! I would get to go out and stock up on more MGs at a much lower cost.

So in the end... If I bought during the ban I would have paid much more. So buying after the repeal.... It would balance out for me. So I would have to buy plenty more to make up for it.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:30 AM   #25

i wish i could afford a m60. i fell in love with them when i grew up around the Marines. even got to fire them a few times. i also wouldnt mind having a m16a2 with a m204 . but until the laws change or i get rich. i will just stick to my ar15 semi.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #26
LEO

You can have them all..... But you wil need some cash to blow.

I am lucky enough to have a good wife that lets me buy expensive toys. She better since I work a ton of overtime.

M16A2 $24,500
http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/m16?set=40

Average Price List July 2007 $21,000
http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_mg_5.html

Average Pirice List 2007 $35,000
http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_belt_8.html

Old 08-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #27

I had a S&H HK sear installed in my pack for $9K, but that was several years ago. I have seen complete MP5 Sear guns going for 18K now.

Who needs a machine gun, when you can just learn to bump fire from the shoulder!

www.Poormans-Machinegun.com

Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #28
LEO

Default Nice Gun

Looks like mine but I am missing the lighted fore grip.

I wish I had bought a few years ago. I never knew how easy it was to purchase and finally did. When I was looking around in 2003... $12,000 and in 2007... $19,000!!

The price keeps going up each year. Mine was/is brand new and only test fired. I have one of the best sears you can get too.. Fleming.

Where did you get the light or did it come with? Is it a surefire brand or something else?

I want one but not with the surefire logo on the side.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO View Post
Looks like mine but I am missing the lighted fore grip.

I wish I had bought a few years ago. I never knew how easy it was to purchase and finally did. When I was looking around in 2003... $12,000 and in 2007... $19,000!!

The price keeps going up each year. Mine was/is brand new and only test fired. I have one of the best sears you can get too.. Fleming.

Where did you get the light or did it come with? Is it a surefire brand or something else?

I want one but not with the surefire logo on the side.
Ya it is a surefire light. I need to pick up a flashhider for it soon. Then I am going to get a mount so I can put my aimpoint on it.

Who needs a machine gun, when you can just learn to bump fire from the shoulder!

www.Poormans-Machinegun.com

Old 08-29-2007, 04:19 AM   #30
LEO

Default Modifications

I was looking into a flash hider too... I do not want to change much on my MG so no additional sights for me.

https://secure.longmountain.com/popup_image.php?pID=159&osCsid=9e9a0a9f1b02c940931 5d97cc1c8d119