Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > How Expensive Are Full Auto Weapons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2552 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Full Auto

+1 on LEO. A local SO allowed officers to buy Ruger AC-556 rifles back in the 80's. The officer's paid for them but agency was owner of record. The deal they struck was the LEO could keep the rifle til he/she left the agency then had to sell it to another officer with the agency at the original cost.

Another agency here in TX had a new sheriff take over. His audit found several Class 3 weapons unaccounted for. He wisely called in ATF. ATF tracked the weapons down and got them back from officers that had moved to different parts of the State. ATF soft shoed it in a way they would not likely do for a civilian. No charges, just give it up. All returned to owner agency of record.

I know of a SO that found a Thompson SMG in a dope house out in the county. Tracked it back to the local PD. They did not even know it was missing. Egg on face to say the least.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
LEO
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I can only imagine how many small departments let retired cops keep the FA gun not knowing the law. Those cops that had the FA guns were real lucky they did not get busted.

I am going to speculate that based on who they are and the fact they were allowed to have it at work....helped them out.

I carry an M-16 for work and take it home in my personal car. I have no ATF documents at all since it belongs to my department.

They sell for $16,000 + but my department paid about $800.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2552 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default F/A

There are a lot of good ole boys in the smaller agencies that seem to think this is still the 1920's and nothing bad will ever happen to them. They are very surprised when Uncle Sugar brings his weight to bear against them. Wake up, you rednecks, this is the 21st century. We are not the law, We enforce the law

Old 08-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #14

I have always wanted a grease gun, I dont think it will ever happen though

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #15
LEO

Default Grease Gun

My Class III dealer has a few... I got to check them out.

I always liked them from seeing them in the war movies. If I had some extra money to spend... I would get one.

Not many parts to them really.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #16

Yeah and to top it off I believe they cost $38 to make. That will be the only gun I cant get to complete my Tankers weapons inventory....

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #17
LEO

From the looks of it... $38 sounds about right!

Cost has gone up a bit since then....

Old 08-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #18

Yeah last I checked it went up about 7 or 8 THOUSAND dollars. Stupid laws. Those are the epitamy of pray and spray. One of these days when I get to go to a class 3 range I will be sure to get one.

Got the pistols and the AR, have easy access to the Thompson (semi of course) just need that M3. Am I missing anything for tankers?

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do you guys think it is possible for the laws on machine guns to ever be repealed ? It would be awesome (except for you guy making a killing re-selling them) if they went way down in price, closer to how they used to be back in the day.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #20

Not without a major overhaul of the government.... I do not necessarily blame the government but I do blame the people. Very sticky subject. Or something DRASTIC would have to happen to relax the laws.

Would be nice though.

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com