You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion >

How to change Trade Name on my FFL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Default How to change Trade Name on my FFL

OK, so I tried the search option to see if this topic was posted here before but it kept telling me my search terms were too common and gave me results that were not relevant so here I am...

I need to know how to change my trade name on my FFL? What form do I use or do I just send them a letter. I am NOT and LLC, and the license is under my name. I just want to change the Trade Name listed. Turns out the name I chose was already being used and the County failed to notify me until just after I got my FFL. I can still use it since I am not an LLC but don't want to get into any sort of battle over rights or anything.

Can anyone help me? I looked at the Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License but it says the purpose is to change the address...I am not moving, just changing the trade name. I called the ATF and they told me to fill out the above form but could not tell me how since it does not have anyplace for the new business name.

Please Help! Thanks so much.

BTW - This forum is Awesome. Just found it today so I am new here. Sorry for the long post.
MPA is offline  
Reply With Quote

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10

Section 13.2 Change in trade name
13.2.1 GCA requirements. GCA regulations provide that an FFL is not required to obtain a new
license by reason of a mere change in trade name, provided the license is sent for endorsement of the
change to the Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center within 30 days from the date the business starts
using the new name.203
COF is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
To trade or not to trade, that is the question buckhuntr General Handgun Discussion 13 05-17-2011 10:37 PM
what to change for change of caliber? Twpbaseball10 Gunsmithing Forum 4 12-02-2010 01:53 PM
Change barrel or change gun Thelt General Shotgun Discussion 5 11-18-2010 01:23 PM