Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > How can a company do business like this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default How can a company do business like this?

Oh, I am soooooo pissed right now.

I ordered a number of Plum Crazy AR lowers as I can do factory direct for pre-paid clients a month ago. They were to ship a few days ago. I placed the order and had to wait because they produce and ship in groups when the production line has coughed up a quantity of product. I can accept that. What I cannot accept is the e-mail I found today.

Quote:
I am sorry I haven’t contact you sooner but I was not permitted to do so until now. The March orders have not been charged, nor will they be shipping at this time. We are about 8 weeks out as we are releasing a new look receiver and the material we will be using is different and is better than the material we have been using. We are excited, and I apologize for the wait, but I promise you it will be well worth it. I will give you more information soon.

Beth

They knew that there wasn't going to be any filling of March orders when I placed mine. Now, I have to contact the buyers and tell them this. This is not how business is done.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #2

This is becoming common with some places. Crappy business practices, wrote off as " we had to do this" sorry to hear they screwed you over.

Your not the only one I went threw something very simulare with Delton.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_100/216254_Hung_out_to_dry_by_Delton.html

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Last edited by MrM4; 04-06-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Customer Service is becoming more myth than reality these days.

We should put together a thread of stories about places that do this too us.

We deserve better..

Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I read your AR thread, M4. While I find little justification for what they did, this situation I find myself in varies a bit because they have halted shipments to all of their customers, not just the small ones like I am. That should be considered worse.

Maybe Del-Ton knew with little time involved that they were going to make the decision they did, maybe not. There is no excuse, however, for them showing the parts available online but in reality, they weren't and weren't going to be anytime soon. That's unacceptable by anyone's standards. PC knew when I placed my order the beginning of March that they were undergoing engineering changes to make a Gen 2 model and production must have been halted back then on the original line. I placed the order by phone to a real person, the one that sent me the e-mail. It only makes sense having some understanding of production. Also, to say that she wasn't permitted to tell anyone until just now? What kind of bulls#@t is that!!??

Conversely, I've been having ongoing discussions with FMK Firearms about their Gen 2 9mm pistol which I have one for evaluation. There has been an engineering change in the works where they will be offering an optional trigger group allowing their pistol to be more versatile. I have been being kept in the loop the entire way as I'll be evaluating the optional trigger group also as soon as I get one which should be shortly. They are customer oriented and am more concerned about satisfying their base than doing crap like Del-Ton and PC who seem to have no qualms holding important info back from those that support them.

It will be interesting to see the response I get from PC as I sent them a basically scathing e-mail about the situation.

Last edited by wjnfirearms; 04-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #5

WJNFIREARMS,
Sounds like a very raw deal for you.

Maybe its time to look at another supplier, money talks expecially when it walks.

Its a shame that manufactures take the "we cant trust our dealers so we will just lie to them" approch. I hope your money goes somewhere else, for the cost of PC stuff you can have quality Alum receivers for just alittle more. I guess it depends on what your customers want though.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I blame Obama; with the increased demand due to his possible re-election, demand seems to be outstripping supply to the degree that customer service is suffering.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I blame Obama; with the increased demand due to his possible re-election, demand seems to be outstripping supply to the degree that customer service is suffering.
I wouldn't blame Obama, I blame the idiots who are actually going to vote for him.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Folks, I work in Cust Svc for an IT company... trust me, has nothing to do with anyone other than company mgmt.

They do NOT want to pay for cust svc staffers to spend time clearing minefilelds and fighting fires and building/re-building relationships with communication - they want everyone doing "drive-by selling" - or else you are tossed in the street. Witness bare-bones HR, back-office staff, non-existent product mgmt staff, few if any account managers. Zero non-productive overhead.

They'd rather take the knocks in social media and from their client base - and subsequently fight to re-gain lost clients - than to work on keeping/growing and pleasing the clients they have.

And as far as "can't build 'em fast enough" - they look for the absolute cheapest way to do anything using the cheapest resources around with the minimal amount of capital tied up in warehoused parts waiting to be built. Good ol' Just In Time mfg.

That plus over-promising, over-selling - and ultimately under-delivering - is what is dragging out shipment times.

If you couple any/all of the above with a foreign ownership that has zero-value in clients, employees or their own citizens - it only magnifies the issues.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well, this is the response I got.

Quote:
I am sorry I haven’t contact you sooner but I was not permitted to do so until now. The March orders have not been charged, nor will they be shipping at this time. We are about 8 weeks out as we are releasing a new look receiver and the material we will be using is different and is better than the material we have been using. We are also in the process of moving to a larger facility. We are excited! I apologize for the wait, but I promise you it will be well worth it! We’ll be re-activating and updating the website with information within the next few weeks or so.

Thank you!!

Beth
Not much different from the original mailing, is it? The company is based in the US and I don't believe there is any foreign ownership involved. Just obviously bad management. As to another supplier, this is the manufacturer, not a supplier. The only one similar is New Frontier and they want a minimum purchase that is above the order I placed. I still may place a phone call as the response did little more than piss me off even more. My issues weren't even addressed.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Apparently, their web site has been shut down. By my mistake, I failed to record their contact phone number. I e-mailed Beth and told her that I wanted to talk to someone about this. She did respond and told me she will call tomorrow. Now, we shall see what BS story I get. I have a 6 unit sale in jeopardy as the group buyers are pissed off, fortunately it seems not at me directly, but I still get to take the heat. We'll see. More to follow.