help with transfer.....
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > help with transfer.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Default help with transfer.....

i went to a gun shop down the street,asked the guy with his ffl if he would do transfers...he said yes...so i asked for a copy of his ffl and he said all i had to do was send the company his copy of 01 FFL and order what ever?.when he gets the rifle i come down and fill out the norm paper work..so-on..now the place i placed the order was SOG...the gun has shipped,but now for some reason what i have done is illegal?....anyone know what is to be done (legally)when buying a gun offline....i have my C&RFFL and have ordered dozens of rifles,pistols and never had any problems...w.t.h. gives?i live in N.C....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I'm not making much sense of your post. I've followed the same basic process many times:

a) get copy of my dealer's FFL and send to the seller
b) pay seller for the gun and seller ships to my dealer
c) go to my dealer, fill out Form 4473, pay transfer fee, take gun home

Can you possibly clarify?

Last edited by NGIB; 04-29-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #3

thats what im trying to figure out NGIB....now i might see the problem...for some reason it looks as if the problem might be because when i check the tracking numbers and the address it says the firearm is coming to my house!i have an account with sog with my C&R on file with them,so somewhere along the lines my address is the shipping address of the rifle...if it does show up at my home,i would guess i need to haulass down to my local FFL dealer and see what can be done about changing the shipping address...i called sog and who ever is running that sh*thole dont know nothing about it?or much of anything else about anything....my ffl guy said he would contact the batf and see what can be done about it...god pray for me

Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It sounds like a foul-up on the shipper's part, or you didn't make the new shipping address clear to them. Having the FFL contact BATF prior to the arrival should be a definate plus in your favor. You are probably right about hauling butt to the FFl if, or when, it comes to your house. Don't even open the box.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #5

when i filled out the shipping and billing address sections....i put my address for billing and his for shipping...also left a his info in the comment box before placing the order....?its just my luck that when trying to get a good deal on something...it turns out to be sh%t...i think this will def. be the last time i do any business with S.O.G.....i would've used aimsurplus but they where out of the riflesthanks for the advice on not opening the box glasshartt...cause if it was to come here it would be hard not to take a peak...

Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

It's best to refuse the shipment if it does come to your address. Even accepting the shipment breaks the law whether you open the box or not as you'll then be in possession of the gun...

Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #7

now thats really good advice....if im home at the time...i might be working of course it requiers an adult signature so...im wondering if there might be a possable way to ask the ups driver if i could change the devilery address on it..when it gets shipped back to the terminal?

Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #8

scratch all that...i just got off the phone with ups and they said it is going to the ffl dealers address....thank god!....when i look on sog's website and from what the lady told me...it was coming here.?but it still leaves me wondering why the guys wife (ffl holder) told me and my father-n-law that what we did was illegal?its so confusing what these people from sog and the ffl dealers wife is telling ushe ordered a small hangun ...same way i went about it..from sog...got copy of ffl from gunshop guy...faxed copy to sog...they confirmed they got the copy...and placed and paid for order....the ffl dealers wife told us that sog was a gun distributor not a gun dealer...whats the diffrance?they canceled his order????heck theyre website says (welcome to the dealer online store)...might just be easier to file for a 01ffl of my on,sense this seems to be turning out to one big mess...sorry for all the crying and wasting bandwidth

Old 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

As far as a Federal Firearms License status, there is no such thing as a distributor. There are Dealers, Pawn Shops, Collectors, Manufacturers, Importers, and then folks that fool around making ammo, destructive devices, etc. SOG is a wholesale DEALER. Your ordered a gun, shipped to YOUR 01 FFL Dealer. When it gets there, you go do the same paperwork with him that you would if buying the gun from him. If the gun is a C&R, then it CAN be legally shipped to you, and no transfer dealer is required- but non- C&R guns must go to an 01 or 02 FFL for transfer to you.

Quit listening to the dealer's wife, save the panic thing for situations that need it. She may be irritated that SHE did not get to sell you the gun with suitable markup.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #10

thanks c3....thats what i told my father-n-law ..that the woman had her panties in a wad because of not making a killing off the firearm...its to be deliverd today and we'll see what happens when the ffl guy calls...the lady and guy with ffl's dont understand that if they treat me right i could bring them more business then they would know what to do with.(they just opened)...this is why i sent off for an o1ffl app. kit last night...my dad-n-law said he would pay half of the 200bucks for the fees and he already has a business (storefront) if need be to buy,sell firearms....i would love to do it from home if possible...there shouldnt be no kind of zoning problems out here in the sticks and is it called a tax i.d. number or what ever to have before the batf grants me permission to conduct business?...either way this bad experience might just be a good change in my income...