Gun shop counter dimensions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Gun shop counter dimensions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun shop counter dimensions?

I am fixing to build a counter in my gun shop, what would be standard height and depth? I am thinking 38" high and 24" deep. Sound about right?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Keith- Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery. I would visit some of the websites, and look at what they sell as a standard counter, and copy those dimensions. Here's an example- Full Vision Showcases with Mirror Doors - Retail Series | Store Fixtures | Allen Display Pick one, click on it, and it gives all the specs.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #3

thanks, will do

Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Keith- Plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery. I would visit some of the websites, and look at what they sell as a standard counter, and copy those dimensions. Here's an example- Full Vision Showcases with Mirror Doors - Retail Series | Store Fixtures | Allen Display Pick one, click on it, and it gives all the specs.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I see what you did there...Joe Biden approved...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #6

you guys make me smile and smiling is good

Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I'm 6-4 and like tall counters; however, since I'm in GA it don't matter what I like...

Old 02-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
Jay

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts

My favorite shop is a second-generation shop. The counter is about kitchen counter high (37") and the front of the counter slants away from the customer at the floor, to allow for foot space. Bar stools on the customer side, and the advertising magazines that the manufacturers pass out for free, in racks, mounted to the counter. I've spent many hours sittin' on those bar stools BS'n or buying....

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

And consider whether you want to make the upper surface of the counter glass, plexi/ lexan, or solid material. In many cases, it is the counter/ showcase, so people can see the pretty guns on display. however, the first time a butterfingers DROPS a 1911 on a glass top, you may wish you had thought about that. Drawback of plexi/ lexan- it scratches.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #10

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I don't know if there is any limitation to how high you can count in a gun shop. Maybe in Illinois or Kalifornia, but not in the US.