Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Gun Held Hostage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #21
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5639 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

I think gunbroker.com has a listing of searchable FFL transfer peeps. IIRC, the cheap ones in my area were pawn shops, mostly.

edit* http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

Last edited by orangello; 06-22-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #22

100 to 150 to do a transfer? thats robbery and will drive away future customers. Most shops here charge between 10 to 40 dollars to transfer. But i have seen some charge alot more.. You can always tell the ones that are only selling guns for there profit only and not the love of the lifestyle.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #23

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Harrison street pawn, here in Olathe(KC) does transfers for $15. If thats not a guy that deserves my business, i dont know what is.

As for the FFl dealer dicking you on your gun. There are ways to venge!

Some of the credit card companies(the credit card machine companies) wont allow you to use their services for gun related commerce.

And, I wonder if the company insuring his "other" business, know he is selling guns? As an adjuster, I can tell you, most companies will NOT insure gun stores, or anyother store selling guns and related items.

So, if you wanted to dig a little, to find out the names of either of his providers, you could screw him right back.........

Old 06-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #24

When you are paying somebody to do the transfer you are basically paying for their time to exchange FFL's, receive the gun, enter it into the books and do a background check. $20.00 + $10.00 for the background check is what I charge and think thats fair. It usually takes an hour or so to do everything. If someone is charging $150.00 for a transfer they are greedy a$$holes and don't deserve your business or money.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:38 AM   #25
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Finally got it. The FBI cleared me on Tuesday and he never bothered to call me. I think I need to start a section for us to review businesses. I want to make sure no one I know does business there.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.