Gun Held Hostage - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Gun Held Hostage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

He's not a gun shop. He's another business just has an FFL. Cheap and close so I thought I would let him do it. I at least got to strip down the rifle and check it out today. I can't wait even more now!

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That must be what's happening - and I wouldn't miss the opportunity to let the owner know that that is the last transfer he will ever do for me. It's bad enough having to comply with that ridiculous 10 day wait without also having to wait for some jerk to get on the ball.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Sounds like the owner does not trust his employee to do the paperwork properly. IMHO if you cannot trust him, why do you employ him?
BINGO! Everybody at my company operates under our FFL.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Maybe the owner will kick you down some ammo for that first shoot when he finds out what a hassle you had due to his miscommunication. I would certainly ask for some kind of compensation; is there any work they could do to this gun while they are storing it for you?

Of course, the FFL guy probably only has $30 or so coming for the transfer.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Maybe the owner will kick you down some ammo for that first shoot when he finds out what a hassle you had due to his miscommunication. I would certainly ask for some kind of compensation; is there any work they could do to this gun while they are storing it for you?

Of course, the FFL guy probably only has $30 or so coming for the transfer.
Bingo! He should reciprocate with at least a box of free ammo!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #16

Good customer service is what gets me 90% of my customers! He should make it right to you one way or another. When people decide they want a gun the want it right now, not next week. He might only be making $20.00 for the transfer but if he did you right I am sure you would use him for a transfer again. His employees should call him ASAP and do the transfer for you.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #17

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter View Post
Good customer service is what gets me 90% of my customers! He should make it right to you one way or another. When people decide they want a gun the want it right now, not next week. He might only be making $20.00 for the transfer but if he did you right I am sure you would use him for a transfer again. His employees should call him ASAP and do the transfer for you.
100 and 50 THOUSAND PERCENT agreed!!

There isn't enough margin in the private gun market to make you a millionaire, so return customers are a MUST.

We don't make but pittance on transfers in, but customers that use us for the transfer, frequently they also use us for a trigger job, sight replacement and or other tasks on the transfer item. Plus, they have a repartee' with us, so they come back when they want a rifle, or a new weapon they need counseling on....

Anyone looking to screw over a customer on a simple transfer won't be "in business" very long, even as a side business....

JD

Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 AM   #18

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

yeck from what i've been told from the ffl holders around here...20.00 or even 50.00 bucks is very cheap for a transfer?....i was at a pawnshop close by my house last week...and ask the owner if he had his ffl's...he said,yes...of course cause he sales new guns...(800.00 glocks!) wtf>?....anyways,when i asked him what he would charge for the paper work to order a gun from a place i had in mind...CDNN...he told me that it would be such a hassle being he wasnt on file with them so he couldnt charge no less than 100.00 to a 150.00 dollars.....GEWWWWWWWW!! is what i told him and got the hell out of there....now i know that people have to eat...but holydamn! i dont know about porterhouse steaks every night?so is it me being a tightwad or does those prices for a FFL transfer sound high?...i live in north carolina by the way.not exactly the highest gas priced state in the us

Old 06-22-2009, 12:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
yeck from what i've been told from the ffl holders around here...20.00 or even 50.00 bucks is very cheap for a transfer?....i was at a pawnshop close by my house last week...and ask the owner if he had his ffl's...he said,yes...of course cause he sales new guns...(800.00 glocks!) wtf>?....anyways,when i asked him what he would charge for the paper work to order a gun from a place i had in mind...CDNN...he told me that it would be such a hassle being he wasnt on file with them so he couldnt charge no less than 100.00 to a 150.00 dollars.....GEWWWWWWWW!! is what i told him and got the hell out of there....now i know that people have to eat...but holydamn! i dont know about porterhouse steaks every night?so is it me being a tightwad or does those prices for a FFL transfer sound high?...i live in north carolina by the way.not exactly the highest gas priced state in the us

He is full of sh@t. ON file? All the time it takes is to fax a copy of your FFL over. I have a scanned in version of mine signed and stamped keep for file that I email. Since the electronic documents act from years ago you can fax a signed version.

I do it all the time. You should not pay one penny more then $25.00. He's just trying to stick you with some of the markup he's loosing since you bought it strait from CDNN and not having had him order it himself and jack the price up.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #20

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

i thought it was high.....i dont know?...the guy is a some what of a good person...i've bought a few used guns from him @ very reasonable prices...and he keeps me in stock of all my primers and powder...so i just cant understand why he wants to charge (me that).. someone that does a good bit of business with?maybe i'll just start looking @ other places...where would be a good place to go to get a FFL transfer done...cheap?on diffrent note...does anyone know how long its going to take the BATF to send me my c&r ffl...i filled it out,sent it in and that was over 2 months ago....the 30.00 bucks hasnt took out of my account yet...and was just wondering if anyone here has waited longer?thanks