Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Gun Held Hostage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/gun-held-hostage-14863/)

notdku 06-16-2009 10:45 PM

Gun Held Hostage

I bought a gun and the owner shipped it to a local FFL which I have never used before but they are a mile away from my house so I thought I would use them.

Gun was just delivered and I called to confirm. Well guess what, the owner won't be there until sometime next week. Never bothered to mention that when I called for pricing and told them I was having it shipped there. Employees say they can't do the transfer.

Am I SOL until he gets back? Can I get another FFL to drive there and pick it up?

Bigcat_hunter 06-17-2009 12:01 AM

I assume that if the employees cant do a transfer to you then they probably cant do a transfer to another dealer. You might be SOL until the owner gets back. I could be wrong though.

Jo da Plumbr 06-17-2009 12:01 AM

Welcome to the he11 that is my world.

We always have to wait ten days. They call it a cooling off period. Thatís after the dang'd wait for the supplier and shipper.

Can you believe I had to wait ten days for a lower receiver? How stupid is that?

Dillinger 06-17-2009 12:04 AM

If the employees won't transfer to you, they aren't going to release it to another FFL holder either Boss.

Sorry to say, in this situation, you are SOL until the owner gets back unless you can get s/he it instruct the employees to release said weapon...

While it might be twisting the knife a bit, I have to ask....:o

What did you order??? :D

JD

notdku 06-17-2009 03:25 AM

I bought a AKM underfolder from a non-dealer. Was hoping to go shoot it tomorrow but alas, held hostage.

hillbilly68 06-17-2009 03:40 AM

Ohhhh man, that is torture! Yup, nuthin' you can do, its on his books now so HE has to xfer it out. You would even have to wait to xfer it to another dealer. Great customer service huh?

Gives you more time to build the anticipation though ;)

CA357 06-17-2009 04:16 AM

That sux. Here in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia our firearm has to sit in gun jail for ten days before we can pick it up. :mad:

dynastyofnext 06-17-2009 04:32 AM

doesnt everyone who works at a gunshop have to have an FFL?......or is that only here?

Also demand to be compensated for your loss and hold your hand out towards his neck and pretend to crush it.

RL357Mag 06-17-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastyofnext (Post 118481)
doesnt everyone who works at a gunshop have to have an FFL?......or is that only here?

Also demand to be compensated for your loss and hold your hand out towards his neck and pretend to crush it.

You don't have to have an FFL to work in a gun shop - you can work under the owners FFL, like a PA can write prescriptions under the Doctors license. Do you think all the WalMart sporting goods dept. employee's have FFL's???

robocop10mm 06-17-2009 04:44 PM

Sounds like the owner does not trust his employee to do the paperwork properly. IMHO if you cannot trust him, why do you employ him?