Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Did you go through the process of setting up an LLC or some thing similar. If so did you use legal zoom or just go it on your own?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #22

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I was going to go with a LLC but my FFL ended up going too quickly. So after a year or so as a Sole Proprietorship, I'm going to switch. A house/property/polebarn purchase is in the future so I will need to redo my FFL anyway. But in the meantime I am really small time, just doing friends, church members, and maybe some boyscout, and local groups for business. I sell ammo/acessories, do light gunsmithing/cleanings, and sell hand guns of course. I am currently buying Mosins cleaning them up, functional checking them, and making a little profit, all the while, honing my gunsmithing skills.

Frank Saputo
Saputo Arms & Repair
West Lafayette, IN 47906

JW357 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Sounds like you are definitely on a good path. I filled out the paperwork today to form an LLC. Plan to start out in the same direction. Working out of the garage and trying to build a customer base. Focusing on the future setting up the LLC and securing a domain name in case I decide to do a website in the future. You never know things may just take off but not getting in to deep with capital.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #24

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

From start to finish how long was the weight?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #25

I want to say 3 months, 4 tops.

Frank Saputo
Saputo Arms & Repair
West Lafayette, IN 47906

Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #26

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thats not to bad. How hard was it. I hurd that if you get somthing wrong they black list you and you wont be able to get it ever again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #27

I don't know what you "get wrong". You have to read and follow the requirements properly, if you have everything that is required your should be OK. Just use the ATF information, and read, read, read. There are a lot of opinions out there that are not based on fact. My ATF agent was pretty cool. While the law remains the way it is, they need us to do a good job cause there are a lot more FFLS then ATF agents. Therefore we are the first line of defense from firearms getting into the wrong hands. When I say wrong hands I mean, for example, I live 1.5 hours from Chicago, A LOT of people move here from there. It is easy to get firearms from private sales here in Indiana. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine how/what criminals can do to get them into Chicago. So FFL's have to be on the extreme lookout for "straw purchase".

Frank Saputo
Saputo Arms & Repair
West Lafayette, IN 47906