Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted!

Well imagine this, I did a search for FFL's in my Zip Code and what do ya know? I'm Listed!!! Guess the Midwest snow buggered up the mail. Haven't received the certificate yet. Now I am exhausted, tax forms, pulling wholesalers info together, ordering forms from the ATF and FBI. Planning what I want to stock, financial stuff, etc, etc, etc. There was a time I used to love firearms. LOL I still do, I'm just venting. The whole apply for sales tax thing......damn near got the laptop thrown across the room!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2014, 02:00 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Congrats!!!

Always have clean socks.

saputoarms Likes This 
Old 01-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Now the fun is just begining....good luck on the new venture. If you have any questions give me a holla, I've been an 01 holder for about 2 years now.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Now the fun is just begining....good luck on the new venture. If you have any questions give me a holla, I've been an 01 holder for about 2 years now.
I apprieciate that silver. ALOT. I will message you a checklist just for fun. I am pretty good on the computer (I build them) but for this venture I am using the old fashioned high scool wire bound notebook. Scraps, notes, lists, flowcharts. Oh my!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8315 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

Congratulations! Something to think about-

Both Gunbroker and GunAuction (formerly Auction Arms) have a "find a FFL" function on their home page. Let's say that I am looking for an 01 FFL to ship or receive a firearm for me- I can go to their site, enter my zip code, and it will pull up the FFLs that REGISTERED there as being will to serve as a transfer agent.

Keep prices reasonable, and while the person is in your place of business, you have a shot at selling them (a) ammo, (b) holster (c) sling) (d) cleaning gear (e) their NEXT gun.

Think of it as free advertising.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by saputoarms View Post
I apprieciate that silver. ALOT. I will message you a checklist just for fun. I am pretty good on the computer (I build them) but for this venture I am using the old fashioned high scool wire bound notebook. Scraps, notes, lists, flowcharts. Oh my!!!
No problem my 01 info rates are $80 a minute

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

saputoarms Likes This 
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #7

Oh joy, 5 hours and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!! My first application to a wholesaler was.....an EPIC FAIL!!! On the signed copy of FFL I faxed I forgot to write "copy" across it. So I scanned all pertinent licenses and used a photo program to type "COPY" across it. Wholesalers, NICS application, etc, etc, etc, all I am doing is typing!! Hey, why am I wasting my time telling you guys??

Old 01-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by saputoarms View Post
Hey, why am I wasting my time telling you guys??
Because apparently you aren't typing enough?

Good luck to ya man!

Always have clean socks.

silverado113 Likes This 
Old 01-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

It all seems great, until your first audit that lasts four hours, or four days. The agents can also trigger irs audits that go on for years.

Don't go home at night with your bound book not up to the minute.

For myself, it was an experience like owning a sailboat. The two greatest days of boating, are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell it.

I was never so happy as the day I ups ed my yellow sheets and bound book to the batf and retired.

I now sometimes wish I were back in the business and could order guns direct, until I remember the agents that can and do come at anytime and make life very uncomfortable. I don't miss that part one bit.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Looking forward to following this. Been considering getting my FFL and starting the research now. Good luck.