Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/got-my-ffl-kind-now-im-exhausted-102694/)

saputoarms 01-13-2014 01:57 AM

Got My FFL...Kind of, Now I'm Exhausted!

Well imagine this, I did a search for FFL's in my Zip Code and what do ya know? I'm Listed!!! Guess the Midwest snow buggered up the mail. Haven't received the certificate yet. Now I am exhausted, tax forms, pulling wholesalers info together, ordering forms from the ATF and FBI. Planning what I want to stock, financial stuff, etc, etc, etc. There was a time I used to love firearms. LOL I still do, I'm just venting. The whole apply for sales tax thing......damn near got the laptop thrown across the room!!!!

JW357 01-13-2014 02:00 AM

Congrats!!!

silverado113 01-13-2014 01:12 PM

Now the fun is just begining....good luck on the new venture. If you have any questions give me a holla, I've been an 01 holder for about 2 years now.

saputoarms 01-13-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 1481560)
Now the fun is just begining....good luck on the new venture. If you have any questions give me a holla, I've been an 01 holder for about 2 years now.

I apprieciate that silver. ALOT. I will message you a checklist just for fun. I am pretty good on the computer (I build them) but for this venture I am using the old fashioned high scool wire bound notebook. Scraps, notes, lists, flowcharts. Oh my!!!

c3shooter 01-13-2014 03:54 PM

Congratulations! Something to think about-

Both Gunbroker and GunAuction (formerly Auction Arms) have a "find a FFL" function on their home page. Let's say that I am looking for an 01 FFL to ship or receive a firearm for me- I can go to their site, enter my zip code, and it will pull up the FFLs that REGISTERED there as being will to serve as a transfer agent.

Keep prices reasonable, and while the person is in your place of business, you have a shot at selling them (a) ammo, (b) holster (c) sling) (d) cleaning gear (e) their NEXT gun.

Think of it as free advertising.

silverado113 01-13-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saputoarms (Post 1481562)
I apprieciate that silver. ALOT. I will message you a checklist just for fun. I am pretty good on the computer (I build them) but for this venture I am using the old fashioned high scool wire bound notebook. Scraps, notes, lists, flowcharts. Oh my!!!

No problem my 01 info rates are $80 a minute ;)

saputoarms 01-17-2014 11:00 AM

Oh joy, 5 hours and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!! My first application to a wholesaler was.....an EPIC FAIL!!! On the signed copy of FFL I faxed I forgot to write "copy" across it. So I scanned all pertinent licenses and used a photo program to type "COPY" across it. Wholesalers, NICS application, etc, etc, etc, all I am doing is typing!! Hey, why am I wasting my time telling you guys?? :rolleyes:

JW357 01-17-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saputoarms (Post 1484654)
Hey, why am I wasting my time telling you guys?? :rolleyes:

Because apparently you aren't typing enough?

;)

Good luck to ya man!

AR10 01-17-2014 11:44 AM

It all seems great, until your first audit that lasts four hours, or four days. The agents can also trigger irs audits that go on for years.

Don't go home at night with your bound book not up to the minute.

For myself, it was an experience like owning a sailboat. The two greatest days of boating, are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell it.

I was never so happy as the day I ups ed my yellow sheets and bound book to the batf and retired.

I now sometimes wish I were back in the business and could order guns direct, until I remember the agents that can and do come at anytime and make life very uncomfortable. I don't miss that part one bit.

jpfiester 01-17-2014 01:43 PM

Looking forward to following this. Been considering getting my FFL and starting the research now. Good luck.