Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (
-   -   Getting license for suppressor in ks (

BullseyePrecision 01-10-2012 12:18 PM

Getting license for suppressor in ks
Anyone know what it takes to get the license in kansas?

Sniper03 01-10-2012 04:19 PM


First of all it is legal for a civilian in Kansas to own a suppressor. There is a new bill in the works that will allow Kansas residents to use a suppressor when hunting. The vote to approve it was almost unanimous. Only one voted no! Of course If I was a Kansas resident I would find out who that was and vote them out next election. Anyway, if they have not already it is waiting for the Governor's signature last I knew. It may be in effect? With the new bill allowing hunting with a silencer the owner of the suppressor must file some type of document with the Kansas Department of Wildlife if using it for hunting.
To obtain a Suppressor a person must go to a class III dealer purchase the unit. Then pay the Federal Tax for the stamp and as soon as approval is received he or she can pick it up. In Tennessee after complying with Federal requirements we must notify the Sheriff in the county where we live and advise of the suppressor.


BullseyePrecision 01-10-2012 07:06 PM

I know anyone can own one you just cant buy one unless u find a dealer who can

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.