Getting a launcher registered & using explosives
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Getting a launcher registered & using explosives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Default Getting a launcher registered & using explosives

What should I expect when i go to register my launcher ? Would it be a AOW or DD ? I have full intentions of manufacturing some fun projectiles of the exploding nature , would this be covered under the launcher's stamp or do i need another?
Is the 200.00 a one time deal ?
Im not looking to buy comb b or c4 load and shoot but some pyrotechnic companies require some paper works to buy certain items and some companies that sell certain rounds require paper work .
This is one thing I will be doing , i just want my ass covered when they come a knocking .

Second thing , I thought one of the members on here said at one point that you did not need a license to buy explosives or to use them , just a permit . What are the requirements on that ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 394

explosive shells are registered individually. its a 6ish month wait +200$ tax per shell. im not sure trusts cover destructive devices in terms of explosive shells.

im not sure if blackpowder charges are considered DD devices.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #3

Quote:
explosive shells are registered individually. its a 6ish month wait +200$ tax per shell.
Ugggg that could make for a expensive 4th weekend and that just plain sucks and would seem hard to regulate

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ugggg that could make for a expensive 4th weekend and that just plain sucks and would seem hard to regulate
check into black powder with the atf, bp seems to go through the side door in a lot of cases. at that point if your using paper and bp you might fall under fireworks provisions. might check into the rules on making your own fire works as that seems to be what your really after. i believe C3 is an explosives expert he might be able to help you in this regard. try shooting him a pm.

they dont regulate nfa items so to speak, they enforce violations. so if you roll your own explosive 37mm shell, use it, some busy body sees you blow something up and calls the police. the police come out determine an explosion occured and ask to see your permits for explosives use which you cannot produce, they in turn call the batfe who then comes and does an anal investigation.

they dont go door to door its more an after the fact prosecution.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
they dont regulate nfa items so to speak, they enforce violations. so if you roll your own explosive 37mm shell, use it, some busy body sees you blow something up and calls the police. the police come out determine an explosion occured and ask to see your permits for explosives use which you cannot produce, they in turn call the batfe who then comes and does an anal investigation.

they dont go door to door its more an after the fact prosecution.
Well where i play at , a buddy is a c3 dealer with deep pockets so he brings out cool toys such as sbr scars and such , that coupled with my overkill tannerite targets the local pd only comes to enjoy now and considering a trooper owns and lives at the quarry , we wont have much to worry about but there is always that one guy who wants to make a difference .

From what i have read on some pryo supply sites you can buy most anything but if they catch you ordering certain things together or a certain quantity they will cancel your order , kinda like if you went to a plumbing and sporting goods store and purchased pipe , fuse and gunpowder , they know whats up

hell from what i have been told , spud guns are big no-no if caught with it , if so theyd doo-doo if they saw mine .
We had a small pd try to get us for domestic terrorism for putting mentos in a coke ....... he got laughed at pretty hard

Last edited by MobileMarine; 02-21-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #6

MobileMarine, Check out my website http://http://mlrdistributing.com/ I sell all kinds of reloadables shells and reloading stuff for the 26.5 and 37mm launchers. I do not sell chemicals on line. Most Chemical companies have kits to make different things like smoke mix and stars. Many of the company even have formulas to make the different rounds. Most chemical companies will not sell you both chemicals to make explosives because of government regulations. If you have any questions let me know!

Mark

Last edited by MLRDist; 02-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.