Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Getting a class 3 with a Trust here in FL.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/getting-class-3-trust-here-fl-97077/)

DropZone889 09-15-2013 11:47 AM

Getting a class 3 with a Trust here in FL..

When you have a Trust setup for your class 3 does that in any way speed up the time to take possession of your gear? I have heard it does but I wanna hear it from more people that actually have been through the process, and does it take a long time the first time you add an item and then the next time is it much faster??

sparky80 09-15-2013 12:03 PM

Plan on 8 to 9 months each right now. It could go to over a year because of the new proposed regulations on trusts.

Point6liter 09-17-2013 02:34 AM

If you live in the Orlando area talk to tactical weapons solutions in Apopka. They will set one up for you, and can give you all the information you need pertaining to it.

Edit: even if you're not in the Orlando area I'm sure they would be happy to help you along

ZeusEcho 09-17-2013 01:51 PM

Subsequent applications are no faster than your first. Simply depends on when the gubment feels like getting to it.

I doubt the trust is any faster. Without the trust it may take you more time up front to get LEO signoff though.

My experience has been 7+ months with a Trust.

rimshaker 09-25-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropZone889 (Post 1372562)
When you have a Trust setup for your class 3 does that in any way speed up the time to take possession of your gear? I have heard it does but I wanna hear it from more people that actually have been through the process, and does it take a long time the first time you add an item and then the next time is it much faster??

Going the Trust route only saves you time by not having to get photos/fingerprints/CLEO signature done before you mail off the packet to the ATF. Once the ATF receives it, doesn't matter if the application was done as an individual or Trust, it's the same wait time....which is currently 9+ months.

And unfortunately things don't get any faster on subsequent applications. Each and every submission is pretty much treated like a new one in terms of wait times. Time is the real deterrent in owning NFA toys. But it's so totally worth it in the end. It feels like you completed a degree in Patience :cool:

purehavoc 09-30-2013 01:42 PM

These guys are right , it saves you about 40 minutes , with CLEO signatures , fingerprints and photos . It does not hurry it along any quicker than that . You will still wait the 6-9 months depending on who is doing your paperwork in your region . I wouldnt expect to receive it any soon than 7 months after they cash your check .

FROGMAN 12-29-2013 04:11 PM

New (Be) - question could you submit a Builders Lic. along with a application for a Trust or are they totally different licenses with separate waiting times. I know very little about 04 trough 07 Lic's.