Fully Automatic Laws? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Fully Automatic Laws?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
For $400 it is likely only semi-automatic; or likely as referenced above a set up.

Obviously that has changed since 1991; when we docked in Hawaii, on the
way back home customs didn't get past the quarter deck. One agent walked
on board the OOD handed him our forms. He said thanks and left.

Scary ehhh.
Yeah, this was well over 10 years, happened in 2003-4-5

Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #12

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
For $400 it is likely only semi-automatic; or likely as referenced above a set up.

Obviously that has changed since 1991; when we docked in Hawaii, on the
way back home customs didn't get past the quarter deck. One agent walked
on board the OOD handed him our forms. He said thanks and left.

Scary ehhh.

It's hit or miss on customs.

Thanks to the "idiots in the army" (sorry soldiers!) when you're going through customs at an "army station" they practically strip search you. No joke, when I was on my way out of Bagrahm, I had to remove EVERYTHING out of my pockets, remove my shoes, stand and do the full body scanner where they see you neked when you're not, then I was allowed to pass through while my bags were dumped upside down and they put eyes/hands on each and every item going back into the bag to make sure it was allowed.

bye bye cubans, bye bye auto-opening knives! I was bummed! (ironic part is that I was issued an auto-opening Gerber knife with a 3.5-ish inch blade. I was allowed to keep that. but I bought a small auto opener with a 2" blade from the "haji-mart" and I had to toss that one in the trash...oh well, it was such a cheap copy and piece of junk, I really only wanted it because it WAS a fake. only spent $5 on it too)

but, when we go abroad with our own aircraft, and we're doing our own thing, we land at the airport, customs guy sticks his head in the aircraft, asks "anybody got anything to declare? NOPE?! OK good, welcome home!" and they never even get on the aircraft.

that being said...I wouldn't even dream of trying to bring back an illegal weapon like a fully auto AK!! I like my career, and more importantly, my freedom too much

Old 10-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #13

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I found a Webley .455 in Iraq. I wish I'd have just stuck it where the sun don't shine. I might would have been walking funny, but oh well...