Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (
-   -   Full auto 1022 (

akms47nagont 08-29-2013 05:48 AM

Full auto 1022
I see people on YouTube all the time with full automatic ruger 1022
Upon searching this on the Internet there is plenty of conversions available some current production full auto 1022's
I'd like To have a fully automatic firearm and already have a 1022 I live in Arizona if anybody with knowledge on the Laws on owning a fully automatic firearm In Arizona could help that would be nice

c3shooter 08-29-2013 06:46 AM

Good news/ Bad news.

Good news- Arizona does not restrict NFA (National Firearms Act) guns, so long as they are properly registered with the Federal BATFE.

Bad news- No fully automatic firearm- in ANY state- that was made after May 1986 can be transferred to a private citizen. Ones made and registered after that date can only be transferred to a machine gun dealer, or to a govt agency.

Assuming you can find one that was already registered, you apply to the BATFE for transfer. Application, prints, photo, approval by local Chief LEO, and a $200 tax payment. Wait several months. Rifle will cost you several thousand dollars.

Vikingdad 08-29-2013 06:51 AM

They run in the $10K range and are subject to the same restrictions and laws as any other machine gun. So if it was not registered as a machine gun in 1986 you cannot legally convert it to full auto.

GTX63 08-29-2013 09:39 AM

I think you are probably referring to the videos of a 10/22 with a slide/bump fire mechanism installed. Those are different than a manufactured fully automatic firearm.