FNP 45 Tactical with Osprey Silencer - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FNP 45 Tactical with Osprey Silencer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sno, have you compared the Osprey against the AAC Ti-Rant by any chance? I am down to order time for one of these two for my Nighthawk AAC design.

Conventional wisdom says go with the suppressor the weapon was designed around. However I was VERY impressed with Silencerco at SHOT. Their people were top notch and very knowledgable, plus the Osprey design is basically the Black Box design I have been chasing for 5 or so years.

I am leaning Osprey, but still doing open research. Any hands on thoughts?

Thanks,

JD

Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Sno, have you compared the Osprey against the AAC Ti-Rant by any chance? I am down to order time for one of these two for my Nighthawk AAC design.

Conventional wisdom says go with the suppressor the weapon was designed around. However I was VERY impressed with Silencerco at SHOT. Their people were top notch and very knowledgable, plus the Osprey design is basically the Black Box design I have been chasing for 5 or so years.

I am leaning Osprey, but still doing open research. Any hands on thoughts?

Thanks,

JD
Hi JD, I haven't shot the Ti-Rant, nor even been on the range with one, so I'm afraid I can't say anything informed about it.

The Osprey is the first can I've had that wasn't round. I'm not very finicky about esthetics -- I like sturdy things that work well and don't care if they're ugly, which is why I carry a Glock and keep my beat up rusted out noisy gas-guzzling '92 Toyota 4x4. But the design of that Osprey is hard not to appreciate. If FNH had commissioned it themselves specifically for the FNP Tactical, it probably would have looked just like it does.

And the cool thing is, it works great even if it is purdy.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #13

Appreciate the feedback. I think the Osprey flat looks bad ass on the front of a 1911, I have a picture from SHOT, and will work perfect with my weapon.

AAC made a strong case for their model when I was at their booth as well, but I am drawn to the Osprey as their are features to it ( like the ability to index it to other weapons, changing calibers without additional tax stamps ) that are appealing.

I just don't know - but I know my anticipated refund from Uncle Sam is due shortly and it's time I add one to the arsenal. You know, just in case of Space Zombies.

Appreciate you joining up and sharing with us your experiences with this product. *respect*

JD

Old 03-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Man that just makes me want an FNP even more haha awesome!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Man, that makes me glad that I DID buy the FNP 45 Tactical.

Thank you much for the sweet video Snoman! I'm waiting on the Trijicon RMR with triangle reticle to show up. Apparantly I picked the ONE reticle that is a rarity... This setup might be my first ClassIII and I am thinking Osprey just like you have. I can't believe I actually found myself on one of my own forums looking at someone shoot the exact same setup that I want to put together. How fortunate is this? BTW, would you mind ballparking a price (not including stamp) on the 45Osprey? I would sure appreciate it.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 AM   #16

Here's what I have researched and found to be the ultimate comparison for me, personally, in this market.

Sorry Cane.

nighthawk-executive-1-cane.jpg  

Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #17

Default Silencer improvement

The noise from the sliding and locking upper receiver; can it be reduced like with the Sten Submachineguns with the asbestos bolt sleeve? Not the cover for the silencer. Can the slide be locked in place to provide only one shot without the noise of the upper receiver? Before getting on about asbestos there are many types of it and only one type that caused the problems. I apologize if I am incorrect in this but I recall the history of some of the silenced guns to include shooting one in FDRs Oval Office while he was on the phone.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #18

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive been contemplating a setup like this cuz im lucky enough to live in Florida. Unfortunately Im not as blessed as the great JD to be able to afford those lovely Nighthawks. Ive really been looking at Sig Sauer lately with their Tac Ops model.

Im gonna stop highjacking and start a new poll.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945