FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today

The new, revised Form 4473, April 2012 Edition, a supply of which has been received by most FFLs, must be used for all transactions requiring a 4473, effective today, July 9. If you have not received a packet of the new forms, you may print the form from the ATF website. Questions and answers relevant to the changes in the form are also available on the website. Read more about it in NSSF's alert to its FFL members.

Is this something normal folks need to worry about? Looks like it's all about "Non-immigrant Aliens"? Like what the hell is that lol.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #2

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

The last few times i filled out a 4473 form,(13months ago)''thank you piss poor economy''I noticed the last yes/no box I was to leave it blank.It wasnt like that a couple or a few years back???

So now there is more/less to the 4473 form?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #3

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
The last few times i filled out a 4473 form,(13months ago)''thank you piss poor economy''I noticed the last yes/no box I was to leave it blank.It wasnt like that a couple or a few years back???

So now there is more/less to the 4473 form?
From what I just read they expanded that section but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with us or if it's just more headache for dealers.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2803 Times on 1620 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

It deals with immigrants and expands item 10 to reflect if the buyer is of spanish/hispanic descent.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5517 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

A non-immigrant alien is a person who is here on a legal visa from another country.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Non immigrants had to prove at least 90 days residency before. Now they don't. Thus, the crux of the changed 4473.

Nothing for anyone to fret about. Just more trees gave their lives in vain for the old ones that had to be thrown out.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
Non immigrants had to prove at least 90 days residency before. Now they don't. Thus, the crux of the changed 4473.

Nothing for anyone to fret about. Just more trees gave their lives in vain for the old ones that had to be thrown out.
10a and 10b have to both be utilized from my understanding. How many Hispanics do you know that will check Hispanic in 10a and then white, black, Asian, etc in 10b? I do agree with the trees though! Had to throw out a bunch of old ones. Here is the guidance from the ATF:

Q8. I Answered Item 10.a on the ATF Form 4473. Do I have to answer 10.b. as well?

A8. Yes. You must select at least one race in item 10.b. regardless of ethnicity designation selected in item 10.a. Both items must be answered. Ethnicity and race are further defined below:
Ethnicity – This refers to a person’s heritage. Persons of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race, are considered Hispanic or Latino. Any other ethnicity that does not fall within those indicated, please select the closest representation.

Race – More than one response may be selected.
American Indian or Alaska Native - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains a tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Black or African American - A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

White - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Last edited by silverado113; 07-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.