Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/ffls-new-4473-takes-effect-today-67945/)

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 09:26 PM

FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today

The new, revised Form 4473, April 2012 Edition, a supply of which has been received by most FFLs, must be used for all transactions requiring a 4473, effective today, July 9. If you have not received a packet of the new forms, you may print the form from the ATF website. Questions and answers relevant to the changes in the form are also available on the website. Read more about it in NSSF's alert to its FFL members.

Is this something normal folks need to worry about? Looks like it's all about "Non-immigrant Aliens"? Like what the hell is that lol.

m72law 07-09-2012 09:52 PM

The last few times i filled out a 4473 form,(13months ago):(''thank you piss poor economy''I noticed the last yes/no box I was to leave it blank.It wasnt like that a couple or a few years back???

So now there is more/less to the 4473 form?

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m72law (Post 864801)
The last few times i filled out a 4473 form,(13months ago):(''thank you piss poor economy''I noticed the last yes/no box I was to leave it blank.It wasnt like that a couple or a few years back???

So now there is more/less to the 4473 form?

From what I just read they expanded that section but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with us or if it's just more headache for dealers.

danf_fl 07-09-2012 10:44 PM

It deals with immigrants and expands item 10 to reflect if the buyer is of spanish/hispanic descent.

JonM 07-10-2012 12:21 PM

A non-immigrant alien is a person who is here on a legal visa from another country.

wjnfirearms 07-11-2012 11:59 AM

Non immigrants had to prove at least 90 days residency before. Now they don't. Thus, the crux of the changed 4473.

Nothing for anyone to fret about. Just more trees gave their lives in vain for the old ones that had to be thrown out.

silverado113 07-11-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjnfirearms (Post 866328)
Non immigrants had to prove at least 90 days residency before. Now they don't. Thus, the crux of the changed 4473.

Nothing for anyone to fret about. Just more trees gave their lives in vain for the old ones that had to be thrown out.

10a and 10b have to both be utilized from my understanding. How many Hispanics do you know that will check Hispanic in 10a and then white, black, Asian, etc in 10b? I do agree with the trees though! Had to throw out a bunch of old ones. Here is the guidance from the ATF:

Q8. I Answered Item 10.a on the ATF Form 4473. Do I have to answer 10.b. as well?

A8. Yes. You must select at least one race in item 10.b. regardless of ethnicity designation selected in item 10.a. Both items must be answered. Ethnicity and race are further defined below:
Ethnicity – This refers to a person’s heritage. Persons of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race, are considered Hispanic or Latino. Any other ethnicity that does not fall within those indicated, please select the closest representation.

Race – More than one response may be selected.
American Indian or Alaska Native - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains a tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Black or African American - A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

White - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.