FFL vs. A State Firearms License
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL vs. A State Firearms License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FFL vs. A State Firearms License

Ok... When I was 17 I was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. So... I do NOT qualify for a GFL (Georgia Firearms License)! I found out that I DO qualify for a Utah Firearms License which apparently is BETTER than a GFL anyways! ( go figure ) I was talking about it with my bossman ( a fellow gun enthusiast ) and he suggested that I just go ahead and try to get my FFL ( which I believe I qualify for ). Other than being able to purchase firearms over the Internet and being a "dealer" and such what advantages, CC and OC wise, does the Federal Firearms License have over a state.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #2

An FFL allows you to buy, sell and transfer firearms (nothing requiring special licenses sush as SBR, AOW, etc.) from out of state suppliers/ buyers. It is a business license and the requirements make that clear. It does nothing to circumvent concealed carry laws imposed by your home state.

An FFL is a whole different ballpark than a state issued owner's license. Not even the same game really.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #3

OK COOL! Thats exactly what I thought I just wanted to clear that up!
Thanks!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #4

Were you convicted or adjudicated as a minor? if you were adjudicated as being a minor that does not disqualify you from a gfl in georgia. you should check out georgiapacking.org to get all the info you will need on getting a gfl.