Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (
-   -   FFL and RS-7 Zoning (

jedimac 01-05-2012 07:17 PM

FFL and RS-7 Zoning
I called the City Community Development Department and they said I was RS-7 Zoned and can not get approved for a comercial license to operate a business in my home. I live in Bartlesville, OK and there are 2 FFL dealers here one is just outside of city limits and the other is in a comercial zone downtown. They way I understood the FFL APP is I wont be approved. Should I give up my dream as long as I live here? I cant afford a building with a store front yet

c3shooter 01-06-2012 01:53 AM

In order to be granted a FFL to "Engage in the business". you must be in compliance with all state and local laws FIRST. If it is not legal to run a business where you are, you will not be issued a FFL for that location.

jedimac 01-09-2012 12:34 AM

Well Brandon Maddox at said its 150% possible and guaranteed it was in his guide. Does anyone have any ex pertinence with the guide?

c3shooter 01-09-2012 02:43 AM

Jedi- if it is not legal to operate a business where you are, I do not think any "guide" is going to change that. However, you should be discussing that with Mr. Maddox. You may be able to request a variance in zoning, showing minimal impact of traffic, noise, etc- but if you are in purely residential zoning- you have a problem.

wjnfirearms 01-09-2012 01:14 PM

What I would do here is to contact the zoning office of your particular municipality and discuss it with someone there. See if they believe that you can have any chance of getting a variance. Now, there's always the possibility of talking to someone anti gun, so the conversation could be tainted because of that, but you really have nothing to lose by trying. If there is a chance, or you want to try anyway, find out what is involved with getting one. The process may vary from place to place.

Hopefully, you don't live in a place which is "governed" by a homeowner's association, or you will have multiple problems above and beyond just municipal zoning. I could never live in any area which has one. I know people who do and what they have to go through for simple things regarding the property they bought and paid for is just ludicrous.

jedimac 01-09-2012 03:28 PM

Thanks you for the replys. I dont live in a HOA. I have called the CITY I will keep this thread updated as much as possible. THX

jedimac 01-12-2012 05:34 PM

So before I can file for a Zone Variance, I have to submit (and Pay) for a state sales Tax permit. Luckily it's only $25... Then I can submit app for Zone Variance, so I can submit for FFL. This will be an adventure.... I Have the State Tax permit app filled off and will mail it Friday Jan 13th (oooh Scary).

wjnfirearms 01-12-2012 11:59 PM

They charge you for a sales tax license? How ludicrous!!

joehawk 01-16-2012 05:24 PM

Charging for a Sales & Use Tax license is .......speechless!

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.